Nother book

Princess Ivy

Damsel in this dress
ok, y'all bombed on the short story question (and i still can't remember who wrote it or what its called) so i'll try another one. was recently reminded of this by a thread on nano technology.
there is a woman, a dancer, she's messed up her knees dancing, the only way she can dance is to go into zero gravity. luckily mankind has made contact with a race of symbiotes which make living in space possible for humans. she goes up to the space station to get conected to a symbiote (and some lovely descriptions of weightlessness) and discovers a plot (bit hazy here on details) which involves trying to corrupt the symbiotes or pure human groups (maybe both) she gets kidnapped and her ankle is broken and she repairs it with nano technology. in the end she ends up with symbiote, baddies punished, and dancing in space. i think this was a series of books, although i only had one. anyone remembering title, series title or author will be much admired.
(especially from my confused description)

not the one that i read, but the first in the series! thanks babe, now i have something to give my librarian
(and, i've read a spider robinson:D)

Back