It Conquered The World
Pit and the Pendulum
The Raven
The Masque of the Red Death
X-The Man With the X-Ray Eyes

Huge cinema cultural influence.

What a legacy to leave. RIP, Mr Corman.

That's a shame: he did so much!

There's an old programme where Corman, Clive Barker and others discussed horror. He seems like an interesting guy.

Among some films which are -- let's face it -- not so hot, there are many that are quite good, sometimes excellent.

The Intruder -- extraordinarily daring film, and the only Corman production to lose money.

The Little Shop of Horrors and A Bucket of Blood -- genuinely hilarious.

All the Poe films (The Premature Burial is so-so; Ray Milland is no Vincent Price) particularly House of Usher, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Masque of the Red Death, and The Raven. (The latter is, again, truly funny.)

X AKA X The Man With X-Ray Eyes -- truly shocking ending.

Yeah Premature Burial is missing something without Price although Milland was alright--and very good in other AIP things--specially X-The Man With the X-Ray Eyes which was one of his favorite movies.

I forgot The Haunted Palace which must have been a big influence on The Shining. The idea of an ancient house possessing someone--the caretaker ghosts, the witch mistress (the woman in the bath tub is somewhat similar in idea), the estranged wife, the baseball bat...ok maybe not that.

Corman inspired The Dirty Dozen as well and The St. Valentine's Day Massacre is a good non-horror movie he did too.

I read somewhere he was responsible for getting The Seven Samurai shown in US theaters and had the most complete copy of The Wicker Man.

A legend passes. R.I.P. Roger Corman.

My favourite of his was Battle Beyond The Stars.

The Seven Samurais in Outer Space. It's a great Science f fiction action adventure film. :cool:

I spent a couple of months working in Corman's studio back in the day. I met him a couple of times, briefly, in passing; he was pleasant and charming - to me at least - but then I was working for him for nothing on a tourist visa. I remember overhearing a bit of conversation in the office one day:
"So many famous people have worked here: James Cameron, Francis Coppola, John Sayles.."
"Yeah", said the other person. "But they all got famous after they left."

Yeah Premature Burial is missing something without Price although Milland was alright--and very good in other AIP things--specially X-The Man With the X-Ray Eyes which was one of his favorite movies.
Ive seen Premature Burial , it's quite good . X The Man With X Ray Eyes Millard is wonderful in this one Don Rickles is wonderful as the shady carnival boss. Its a great film, and one Corman best films . :cool:

I forgot The Haunted Palace which must have been a big influence on The Shining. The idea of an ancient house possessing someone--the caretaker ghosts, the witch mistress (the woman in the bath tub is somewhat similar in idea), the estranged wife, the baseball bat...ok maybe not that.
The title comes from an Edgar Allen Poe's Poem The Haunted Palace but , is actually loosely based H P Lovecrats The Case of Charles Dexter Ward.. This too a an ececelt though somewhat underrated Horror film . I think Corman was probably the first filmmaker to to do an adaption of Lovecraft .:cool:

Corman inspired The Dirty Dozen as well and The St. Valentine's Day Massacre is a good non-horror movie he did too.
I agree

I read somewhere he was responsible for getting The Seven Samurai shown in US theaters and had the most complete copy of The Wicker Man.
With The Seven Samurais , that was his doing .:) Interesting about Wicker Man.:unsure: