Recommend a Roger Zelazny book.

Damnation Alley Made into a horrible film with Jan Micheal Vincent and George Peppard and Paul Winfield in 1977

Jack of Shadow

The Last Defender of Camelot
a short story and a terrific one . Int was snapped for the 1985 version of The Twilight Zone

Last edited:
Roadmarks is different, an interesting 1970's time travel story if you can follow it. Some people feel you need a map to keep you on a straight course, or at least parallel to where Zelazny was writing to.

The first chronicles of amber, Nine princes in Amber is a masterclass in keeping your attention, well worth visiting.

I recently read Zelazny's story (a novella) in the first Wild Cards book, edited by George Martin, called Sleeper, and it was excellent, standing alone as a very good story. If you can get hold of it, I recommend it.

I recently read Zelazny's story (a novella) in the first Wild Cards book, edited by George Martin, called Sleeper, and it was excellent, standing alone as a very good story. If you can get hold of it, I recommend it.
Yes I remember that one croyd cranston was his name, or something like that, that was a great book and a great story.

This Immortal (aka Call Me Conrad)
Lord of Light
A Night in the Lonesome October
Roadmarks

Anything from Zelazny you choose may please you. Or not, because he continually experimented with and changed style accordingly. But I like above mentioned best.
Zelazny co-wrote a book with Phillip K. Dick.
That would be Deus Irae.

From everything I have read about Philip K Dick I cannot imagine anyone working with him, his life was a mess and the drugs certainly enhanced his imagination but didnt make for a good partner in writing.

JJewel -- if you haven't read it, you might be interested in Zelazny's A Night in the Lonesome October where the good guys are the bad guys of other fiction vs. something rather Lovecraftian. Oh, and the narrator is a dog.

Randy M.

Okay that just made my list, I finsih my book writings today and so during clean up and art work I get more time, need to read that one defo, For the dog if nothing else!

It's a fun novel, and especially for October as it does take place around Halloween.

Randy M.

SF: Lord of Light
Standalone fantasy: A Night in the Lonesome October
Series: Chronicles of Amber (starting with Nine Princes in Amber)

From everything I have read about Philip K Dick I cannot imagine anyone working with him, his life was a mess and the drugs certainly enhanced his imagination but didnt make for a good partner in writing.

Some years ago, someone wrote a novel in which Phillip K Dick who was dead , suddenly showed up alive and well . . For the life of me I can;t think of the name of the book or the author. I did see such a book. :unsure: