Silo (Apple TV series)

So am I understanding correctly if I assume it's a post-apocalyptic story about the people finding that there's a world outside the walls? As it is traditionally.

Cool, my friend told me about this the other week as he's in it (must be a minor part, he doesn't make the ad :ROFLMAO:), but it looks quite fun. Sounds slightly cliched already, but that can still work :)

It can work, but it depends largely on how it is converted into a TV-series. Much depends on the script. I did find the books a bit underwhelming.
They know there's a world outside, but think it's (still) un-survivable to venture there. Predictably it's about politics and opposing views, mixed with (half)-forgotten history. Just your everyday Life in a Silo stuff.
But again, it could be good TV stuff to watch.

Reactions: ctg
By no means a fresh apocalyptic perspective, the premise here is certainly more plausible than that of Snowpiercer.
Take that train endlessly circling the globe, bury it standing on its end, and you've got Silo. Instead of running front to tail, social classes run top to bottom.
Administration is, of course, at the very top. An inexplicable need to control the populace provides conflict.
The acting is solid, and the sets are fantastic. The show has a gritty quality that reminds me of The Expanse.

I've been digging it. I like the kind of retrofuturistic aesthetic of the show.

The season's finale ended with a great jaw-dropping cliffhanger and marked Silo as one of the best series I have seen this year.
Can't wait for season Two, but that may take a while because of a certain strike going on.

Yep, a great season finale. We'll see what they come up with for season 2. If there is a season 2?

Subscribed to Apple TV just for this series, as my wife loves the books, and just watched the first episode - it didn't disappoint. The first 20 mins were a bit slow, but the growing sense of desperation and mystery was very well done. Superb production values and so atmospheric as well, with a haunting soundtrack that reminded me of Moon. Great start!

Last edited:
I've not watched this, but a friend of mine rather likes it. From his description I commented it sounds a bit like a Fallout vault.

Forgot to mention:
1. It also appears to be a very faithful adaptation of the novel Wool
2. Signing up with apple TV got me 3 months free, so I'll not have to pay to watch this! :D

That was an excellent Season 1. I forgot how clever the original story was. And I'm impressed with how closely the TV series followed the original novel.

So am I understanding correctly if I assume it's a post-apocalyptic story about the people finding that there's a world outside the walls? As it is traditionally.
Just watch it. :)

And I'm impressed with how closely the TV series followed the original novel.
Oh - my wife just double checked, and apparently the TV series only covers about half of the novel Wool. Season 1 ended in a really good place, but there's more left to cover for book 1. :)

Forgot to mention:
1. It also appears to be a very faithful adaptation of the novel Wool
2. Signing up with apple TV got me 3 months free, so I'll not have to pay to watch this! :D

They did take some liberties with some characters and did leave out a major reveal (that was addressed in the book early on) until the season finale, but I can see why. The whole atmosphere of the series is spot on and the casting is also great.

"So am I understanding correctly if I assume it's a post-apocalyptic story about the people finding that there's a world outside the walls?"

Not exactly.

All they're saying about season 2 is sometime in 2024.