December 2022 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge -- VICTORY TO MOSAIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Origins of the Petros Teachings”

For years Petros wandered the galactic currents, crewing freighter after freighter, enjoying going somewhere, anywhere.

Then one day he found himself negotiating a cargo with the Brain Leeches of Arcturus IV.

The Leeches insisted on mind-mind contact in all negotiations to ensure total honesty, and, in accessing their alien perspectives, Petros suddenly "got" how his life had been driven by unbridled narcissism and self-interest with minimal thought for others.

Everyone knows what happened next.​

till sunbeams find you

"Has the thing spoken?"
"It's not a thing… dude, you wrote half the prompts and boundary conditions. You know what it is."
"Not even a word?"
"A subset of a half billion internal nodes show stable wave patterns, fixed frequency, like a pseudo REM state."
"You're saying it's dreaming? What of? It's never interfaced!"
"The adversarial construct ran through four decades of web content. It has plenty to dream about. It is literally…"
"Dreaming us."

Last edited:
Lucy in the Sea with Plastic
The Great Pacific Garbage Patch drifts, at the mercy of wind and currents. She drifts with it.
Gaia Monitoring Station GP1897ΔΣ spots her.
GP1897ΔΣ, interested in palaeoanthropology, names her Lucy, after the celebrated early bipedal hominin.
GP1897ΔΣ watches her, mutations allowing her life amid the plastic – the progenitor of new humanoid species, perhaps.
GP1897ΔΣ considers her, and long-gone humanity’s drift – into self-awareness, population increase, cities, war, planetary despoilation.
Never again.
So GP1897ΔΣ kills her.

It Isn’t Turtles All the Way Down
The ancient proverb was right: magic’s simply misunderstood technology.
I realised that if no Theory of Everything explains quantum entanglement satisfactorily, magic (technology) is what makes our “universe” work.
We’re living in a simulation and all particles (entangled or not) are, in effect, collocated.
All software has bugs (another ancient proverb); I’ve found some.
So while others drift through space, I DRIFT around our “universe”, using Digital Reality’s Instantaneous Far-flung Transportation.
Now for immortality….

The challenge is now** closed to new entries and the poll is open at the link below:

** - It was closed on time: but I've been having trouble with the software, which decided that, when I wanted to move the poll, I was moving two posts. (Please let me know if you see the other (invisible to me) post that I "moved".)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back