What is a good word for "women who would do things for the men they weren’t married to"

I just thought that this would be a simple question, not diving into having to lock down the schizo-tech and answer why an evil sorcerer with an army of wolfmen would want coal. When I'm stopped at a railroad crossing, I don't wonder where those coal-cars came from and assume they're going to Michigan City.
:)
Yes that is the level a character would interact thinking "more coal for Michigan city" or "why does Michigan have so many coal deliveries, always in my way" or more informatively "Goodness me Michigan power station is sucking down the coal this week" BUT there needs to be an underlying world design that has a good reason for coal going to Michigan, like having a power station.

:)
Yes that is the level a character would interact thinking "more coal for Michigan city" or "why does Michigan have so many coal deliveries, always in my way" or more informatively "Goodness me Michigan power station is sucking down the coal this week" BUT there needs to be an underlying world design that has a good reason for coal going to Michigan, like having a power station.

I was thinking that what the coal is used for is so beyond the scope of what matters to the MC that I could not worry about it. (Did slaves wonder about why massa wanted the cotton, or was it pick the cotton to avoid getting their back striped?) I just looked up electric transmission and either the sorcerers are jerks for having coal floated down the river instead of building a power generation plant nearby, or that's not what they're using the coal for.

It could still be thoughtfully laid-out from an efficiency standpoint somehow, but I'm not even doing my map until I really need to because while geology is the science that's appeals to me the most, I'm not interested enough to make one that pleases the map-nerds.

Mm. So long as you have a good reason for it to be in the story, and have consistent world building, then OK - but just having coal because it is cool.... or hot ....... could get you in trouble. While it is massively beyond the scope of the MC there does need to be a rationale to the world he inhabits, even if he doesn't understand that bit. It helps you to avoid contradicting yourself through the book.