The Imposters - out March 2022!

Toby Frost

Supporter
I've decided to self-publish my novel The Imposters. It's an SF adventure about two very mismatched spies trying to find where a master-criminal hid his loot. I'm planning to bring it out in mid-March, all things going as planned. It'll be available in paperback and for download on Amazon.

Claire at Autumn Sky has done a great cover.

Imposters EBook Cover.jpg

Bonus points to anyone who recognises the title font!

So, I've currently got the double whammy of being ill and having Amazon refusing to accept the cover for reasons unknown. I'm working on this but it's taking a while. In the meantime, you can always download it on Kindle!

Amazon refusing to accept the cover for reasons unknown
Have you asked Claire? I remember when I uploaded a cover she had done, it didn't like it even though the number of pages I'd given Amazon was accurate. I think she had to adjust the spine width to reflect a rounder number of pages (say nearest five), and this is a common issue.

ETA: you could also do with adding the "look inside" function. And get well soon!

In the meantime, you can always download it on Kindle!
I have, and I'm very much enjoying it. Though not comedic like Space Captain Smith, there's still plenty of sharp wit, especially in Cleaver's thoughts/dialogue. I like the mix of futuristic and (1950-ish?) retro. And it's about time we had a hardened criminal named Sally-Ann!

Thanks Bryan! It's one of my favourite things I've written, although that might just be that I've done a lot of work on it recently. It was quite nice to write something light that wasn't outright comedy: while you can be humorous, you no longer have the obligation to keep cracking jokes, and so you can say and do a bit more.

Claire and I were wondering the same thing about the page numbers and spine width. Failing that I'll have to phone them up and somehow speak to a human!

Last edited:
I saw this pop up on my Amazon suggested list today. Is it a standalone novel?

Took me a few days but finished it in the end - the longish chapters kept making me put it down as I read in the early hours when I should be sleeping.

It was enjoyable and it got a chuckle here and there. You've really nailed the pacing of the action scenes as well, they were fun to read.

Right then, it's now properly and formally out on Amazon! I've got a paperback copy and very nice it is too. More copies are available!