Terry Pratchett's Discworld Reading-Order Flowchart

Mike J Nagle

An Aspiring Member
Greetings,

Over the years, I have encountered many people who have encouraged me to read Terry Pratchett's Discworld stories. About a year ago, I gave in and read The Colour of Magic. I enjoyed the novel, and wanted to continue with the next story, but I didn't know which one it was.

So I did a bit of research, and then read The Light Fantastic and Sourcery. After a lot more research, I finally got a handle on the reading order of the series.

I then decided that, rather than letting all that research go to waste, I should create this flowchart, so I could share the fruits or my labors with other fans.

I hope you all like the flowchart, and find it useful.

Cheers,

Mike

Discworld_Flowchart.jpg

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Mike , If you like Terry Pratchett another you might find of interest is James Branch Cabell . He was early 20 century fantasy writer and satirist . In all he wrote 50 fantasy novel , his s most famous being Jurgen a Comedy of Justice . He was the Terry Pratchett of his era, a master of iron humor , witty and hilariously funny, about 17 of 50 published novels are set in the local of Jurgen which it the imaginary medieval French provinces of Poictesme. :)

Also the comic novel Silverlock by John Myers Myer a comic fantasy novel staring all the character of myth and literature.

Last edited:

.matthew.

Useful, but a lot of the events in Discworld cross over between sub-series so the best reading order is pretty much just publication order.