Finding an Editor

Nath6349

I have a Victorian / gothic horror novel that is as good as I can get it. I have also had a professional do a critique which included developmental changes. I am now looking to find a suitable editor for a Line and Copy edit. What is the best way to find an editor and what should I be looking for?

Ideally, I am looking for someone who likes gothic horror and has written or edited Victorian prose.

One option for me is to use the person who did the critique but I think a fresh perspective can be good.

Another option is to go via Jericho Writers. Jericho seems to be a good place and will have good editors, but I'm not sure how likely I am to find a editor with both that gothic horror interest and Victorian language experience.

The few other options I've found are not accepted new authors right now.

The internet and Twitter are a minefield of aspiring editors and it is hard to gauge the quality of their work. I appreciate a good editor will cost, and I think I'm prepared to accept that.

This is my first post, and I've been told this is a really good community. I look forward to posting here more.

Thanks

Seconded - she edited two of my books and was very good.

Does she have a Horror/Victorian England background? Nonetheless, it is great to receive a recommendation, thanks.