Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz (1997)

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
Christopher Snow was born with Xeroderma Pigmentosum, a rare disorder meaning he is ultra sensitive to light and so he lives in a twilight world, only really coming out at night. He lives in Moonlight Bay, a beautiful and picturesque town which he has never seen during the day. For him it has a different beauty which most people don't see. But underneath all this beauty something sinister is happening and Snow is plunged headlong into the coming events, which are set to change his life forever...

Interesting idea, and a fairly decent story, but the book has a lot of stuff in there that doesn't add to the story, what I call waffle. Koontz elaborates on scenes unnecessarily which takes something away from the enjoyment of the story. I only hope the sequel, Seize the Night, is easier going. Koontz has yet to write a third volume.

IMG_20200904_175808-01_copy_800x794.jpeg

Christopher Snow was born with Xeroderma Pigmentosum, a rare disorder meaning he is ultra sensitive to light and so he lives in a twilight world, only really coming out at night. He lives in Moonlight Bay, a beautiful and picturesque town which he has never seen during the day. For him it has a different beauty which most people don't see. But underneath all this beauty something sinister is happening and Snow is plunged headlong into the coming events, which are set to change his life forever...

Interesting idea, and a fairly decent story, but the book has a lot of stuff in there that doesn't add to the story, what I call waffle. Koontz elaborates on scenes unnecessarily which takes something away from the enjoyment of the story. I only hope the sequel, Seize the Night, is easier going. Koontz has yet to write a third volume.

View attachment 69780
I'm not 100% because it's a long time since I read the Odd John series, but I'm fairly sure Brother Odd turns up in Moonlight Bay in one of the later books

Well he's not in this one and he only did one sequel, Sieze the Night, the following year.
Yeah, I meant that, in some book in the Odd John series, the protagonist turns up in Moonlight Bay.
I don't think he makes contact with Christopher Snow, nevertheless he ends up in an escapade on the old military base and then leaves again.

Yeah, I meant that, in some book in the Odd John series, the protagonist turns up in Moonlight Bay.
I don't think he makes contact with Christopher Snow, nevertheless he ends up in an escapade on the old military base and then leaves again.
Ah I got you! I suppose its a bit like how Stephen King sets a lot of his books in Bangor Maine.