Story of plants dying worldwide

RoGG

I read a kindle ebook a few years ago, maybe 2017, 2018. Scientists tried to cure world hunger by genetically engineering seeds that could grow unlimited crops. They grew crops, but when livestock ate the grain, their digestive tract caused the grain to pollute their dung, and ended up causing worldwide death of all plant life. Herbivores died first, followed by carnivores. The story protagonist wanders the country in search of a cure.

Could it be The Death of Grass by John Christopher? it’s been on my tbr pile For ages.

Could it be The Death of Grass by John Christopher? it’s been on my tbr pile For ages.
Dont think so. That is about a virus. Little England apocalyptica With not much searching-for-a-cure going on, if I remember correctly.

Out of curiosity. What was the protagonist eating on his quest? (or was the book co-authored by the fish marketing board? ;) )
Seriously though. Was it self published by an eco warrior type or from a mainstream publishing house? Mainstream might be more web findable if you can remember protagonist names along with things like any made up corporate names, Nonsanto, DuBont that you can remember.

Good day, @RoGG.

I'm sorry, I do not know what book this is, but you mentioned you read this as a Kindle e-book. I'm not sure if Kindle books can be obtained through any other company than Amazon, but if this work was gotten through an Amazon account you can still access, there is a listing under 'Your Account' for 'Your Orders'. If you open Your Orders, at the top of the page there is a link to 'Digital Orders'. At the top of this page there is a pull-down list for each year that ebooks have been purchased on the account, and if you select a year it shows all books purchased in that year.

I just checked my own digital orders, and they show every Kindle book I have ever purchased (my first was in 2011). I don't have Kindle Unlimited, so I'm not sure if you got the book through K.U. if it lists anywhere the books that have been borrowed. But just thought I'd throw this avenue of searching out there to you, in case you hadn't thought of it. Best of luck finding the book, CC

Thank you all for all your help! I’ve been scouring my ebook library for it! Still looking...
It wasn’t The Death of Grass, because it was caused by a mutated reaction in the digestive track of livestock. I remember him trapping rabbits and squirrels, which were more daring To come out into the open in their hunger.