Thomas Covenant Series Audiobooks

TWErvin2

Although they've been available for quite some time, the Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever series has been available only through order from a website which isn't a major vendor. Digital and Discs available. I noted last week that on Audible the first two books in the series (Lord Foul's Bane and The Illearth War) are now available. I did not check the Apple store, but they might be there too.

I am only a few Chapters into Lord Foul's Bane, but the narrator, Scott Brick, is doing a good job.

Those where great books. I once used them as a basis for a D&D campaign world. Great world. I liked just about everything except Thomas Covenant.

Scott Brick is one of those narrators that can make an average book better. Like Michael Kramer.

I finished the first trilogy for the Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever Series.

It was a good listen, as I anticipated, based upon my reading (and re-reading) of the series so many years back. The narrator Scott Brick does an excellent job.

I wouldn't rate it a 5 star choice, simply because Donaldson sometimes gets a little wordy, and it's easier to skim in a novel and get the relevant content, than one can do in an audiobook. I guess I could speed up the rate to 1.5 for those sections, but it is harder to anticipated when to go back to the regular pace...and it sort of ruins keeping with the flow of the tale.