Discussion Thread December 2019 75 Word Writing Challenge.

@gtempel .... A gift gained and freely given .... Gtempel shares a beautiful story about a meaningful gift that everyone can share.

Welcome to the 75! Nice story. And you certainly wrote it faster than I am usually able to write one.

@Victoria Silverwolf @Parson thank you for the kind words

@Clockworkbot What you get for someone who has everything is a wonderful story about the challenge most children face when gifting something to their parents- paired with the hilarity of celestial mischief

@J.C. Scoberg Another bouquet ... a story that somehow has more emotional layers than words - truly impressive

@elvet They who giveth.... the bio-engineer in me hugs my inner scifi fan when reading this heartwarming tale about the apocalypse

@LittleStar The only Rule How is it possible that so few words can tug at my heartstrings, press at my tear ducts and blow on the embers of my rage

@Venusian Broon Enticing wonderful way to use the form of the story to enhance the story and frame it - and it is a re-imagination of a classic Greek tale - how can i not love it

All in all i never knew how much can be said with so little words and just reading these stories (and i mean all of the stories) makes me glad I joined here

@Elckerlyc .... The visit .... Elck tells us of a gift that most of us would love to receive but would not truly appreciate until some time had passed.

@Vince W .... The Second Time Around .... Vince makes me believe that there should be a reset button, but it had better work the first time!

@mosaix I can't seem to find this 100 word anon you speak of. Can you send me the link? Many thanks. J.C.

Unfortunately, J.C., the 100 anon challenge has now closed, but voting is still open for another couple of days. It can be found in ‘Workshop’ under the ‘Writing’ forum.

It runs for two months in the months when there isn’t a 300. So there will be another one in February / March next year.

It wasn't originally started as a "Challenge." It began as a "Workshop Exercise." I'm not sure why it hasn't been moved.

I spent a lot of time searching for it also. Can you help me to understand why not under Writing Challenges, please? Still feeling my way around categories here. @mosaix

It was an ‘unofficial’ challenge started by a few of us for a bit of fun. The stories are PM’d to a volunteer host who posts the stories - hence the anonymous element to the challenge. The voting takes place without knowing who wrote each story. There’s a bit of added fun by trying to guess who wrote each story.

It was an ‘unofficial’ challenge started by a few of us for a bit of fun. The stories are PM’d to a volunteer host who posts the stories - hence the anonymous element to the challenge. The voting takes place without knowing who wrote each story. There’s a bit of added fun by trying to guess who wrote each story.
Thanks maybe I'll find the next one in time.

Back