Angry Robot open door for May

Hi, anyone got any updates?

I've only found two places with threads on this, here and absolute write. between the two i've seen exactly one person at absolute write claim to have gotten a response. they submitted right when it started, got a request a few days later, and since (no time frame given) they have gotten a rejection.

If it's accurate info it still may not mean anything if they extended their deadline to accommodate a maybe pile/or if a majority of their submissions were back loaded. I didn't submit mine until the 17th

Hello Earth2Andy - welcome to SFFChronicles and good luck in the Angry Robot submission. I think someone somewhere said there were about 600 submissions, which means with now 9 submissions, SFFChroniclers are responsible for around 1.5 percent of submissions.
Slide1.jpg

Anyone got any news? Should be rebuilding my website but seem to be finding it hard to concentrate.

The Angry Robot site still states that if you haven't heard from them by the end of July, then it's a no. I suspect we'll be having a humungous imaginary chocolate party on Thursday.

Would be such a shame if none of us get taken on.

I guess we have one more day lol "ROBOTS we'll be calling in the last full manuscripts from the open submission period today and tomorrow then double checking we haven't misfiled anyone. After that we'll let you know about the stats because we know you love them and give you an idea of when you'll hear on fulls!"

I guess we have one more day lol "ROBOTS we'll be calling in the last full manuscripts from the open submission period today and tomorrow then double checking we haven't misfiled anyone. After that we'll let you know about the stats because we know you love them and give you an idea of when you'll hear on fulls!"

Guess we'll have to wait another couple of days for our imaginary chocolate cake! I'll want some because I made it!

I'm now a bit paranoid that they didn't even get mine in the first place. I never got an automatic response and when I asked they said they did... but someone else asked at the same time and they @'ed both of us in their reply to say it'd been received so. Gah! How do I know? Wish they'd actually send rejections.

That's so weird, I had a piece of "Neopolitan cake" today, in those colours. Never come across it before.

Is this a sign that I'm meant to have another bit tomorrow?

For those who didn't get a response and who are maybe a little newer to this whole sub-rejection thing than us grizzled old ones - please don't let this knock your confidence. Open doors are lotteries, you have no idea what the publisher was looking for and why your's wasn't a fit. File it under success-for-trying and move on. :)