Question about 3rd Crisis of Foundation

lachistera

Hi!
I am reading the Foundation books, and I find weird the last part of the first book Foundation, the Merchant Princes, so maybe you can enlighten me:
so Korell decides to attack Foundation and Mallow does not do anything.
As I understand, they appliances would stop working in two years, but the Korell fleet is already in its way to the planet.

My question is:
"Why the Korell fleet does not conquer the planet and force the scientists to do whatever they want?"

It would be very easy to conquer them and threat to kill their families if they don't repair the things, produce more technology, etc...

Hi!
I am reading the Foundation books, and I find weird the last part of the first book Foundation, the Merchant Princes, so maybe you can enlighten me:
so Korell decides to attack Foundation and Mallow does not do anything.
As I understand, they appliances would stop working in two years, but the Korell fleet is already in its way to the planet.

My question is:
"Why the Korell fleet does not conquer the planet and force the scientists to do whatever they want?"

It would be very easy to conquer them and threat to kill their families if they don't repair the things, produce more technology, etc...

The answer is that Korell does not actually attack.
Which is a massively stupid move on the part of Asper Argo.
Isaac Asimov said:
The Commdor shrugged and turned away. "And as for your father's displeasure: I much fear me it extends to a niggardly refusal to supply more ships." "More ships!" She blazed away, hotly, "And haven't you five? Don't deny it. I know you have five; and a sixth is promised." "Promised for the last year." "But one - just one - can blast that Foundation into stinking rubble. Just one! One, to sweep their little pygmy boats out of space." "I couldn't attack their planet, even with a dozen."
Foundation had inherited the fleets built by the Four Kingdoms, with Foundation help, including Wienis. They may have dismantled or neglected them when no longer facing any foe stronger than Askone or pre-Licia Korell; but 40 years later, during 4th Crisis, Foundation could fight off Bel Riose for a year.
Asper estimated that he would have needed 13 ships to attack Terminus, and he had 5. For that reason, he did not attack. But the stupid concession to Licia was that he did rob the Foundation trade ships on Korell - giving Foundation the reason to stop trade. If he did not feel he could conquer Terminus, he should have kept peace and trade bargain until he felt e could.