DISCUSSION THREAD- December 2018- 75 Word Writing Challenge :

I'm in and, for the second month, lazy writing from me. Yet, once I saw the theme it was the one thing that came to mind and wouldn't go away. The daft thing is that the location is so very appropriate.

Wow, it's been a few years since I contributed to one of these challenges, forgot how tricky it is to keep to the word count, but it's nice to see the Chrons still going strong. Some good, if dark, submissions so far. Look forward to reading more.

And mine at 70 words. Do I get bonus point for that?

Many thanks for the kind words Victoria, however the touch of hope is rather the opposite ("second sun" as in "boom!").

I have a weakness for a thoroughgoing dystopia - I grew up in Zimbabwe if that helps explain it.

Many thanks for the kind words Victoria, however the touch of hope is rather the opposite ("second sun" as in "boom!").

I have a weakness for a thoroughgoing dystopia - I grew up in Zimbabwe if that helps explain it.
Methinks reindeer is on the menu ...

Last edited:
Sometimes it still surprises me. Especially when all the newer members are just as bad.

Or worse.

But probably not.
I thought it was established fact that SFF writers have significant issues... for me, it is general misanthropy derived from working at a charity serving children facing adversity. Simultaneously seeing how great some kids are and how horribly they are treated by the adults in their lives will make one hate people pretty quickly and perpetually bend one toward grimdark...

Back