DISCUSSION -- November 2018 -- 85 Word Challenge

I think I am going to have to wait until the challenge is closed before getting back to reviews...I'm too far behind on them now. And I'm still busy on this project of mine, ugh. It should have been done days ago.

@Pedro Del Mar .... The Curious Significance of 12:34 .... Pedro tells a tale that begs the question where does coincidence end and cosmic significance begin.

@Perpetual Man .... Big Numbers .... I don't what to say about Perp's story. It's both erudite and memorable. It will stand forever in the short story hall of fame. The nuance is beyond belief, and yet it takes a clear moral stand for everything that is right and good in the world. It has the perfect title because anything less than Big Numbers would have failed to catch the eternal significance of this binary blessing.

@Fivestrings .... Just Stop Counting .... Fivestrings puts down a tale that reminds us that we can be masters of our own fate with only a little bit of trying.

A little behind on the etiquette here. Thanks @Parson for the review.
A 10 minute off the cuff, which I enjoyed doing, having not been here for several months.

@chrispenycate .... Re-Generation .... Chris goes poetic once again as he reminds us one and all that organization of even those of lesser strength but greater numbers forms a not to be discounted force for change.

@Hugh .... Longing .... Hugh lets us know that sometimes longing can make it so, even when the numbers are vast beyond comprehending.

22. Pedro Del Mar: A haunting tale of psychological fantasy, with a reminder of that to which all flesh is heir.

23. Perpetual Man: A cleverly constructed conundrum for the reader, with a subtle joke for the mathematically inclined.

24. Fivestrings: An intriguing philosophical dialogue, with a discussion of the nature of things to make the reader ponder reality.

25. Eli Grey: An emotional tale of comradeship and faithlessness, with a powerful look at the guilt caused by regrettable actions.

26. reiver33: A mysterious account of an unexplained events, with a sly reference to popular culture.

27. TheEndIsNigh: A wry look at a unique form of punishment, with a touch of irony in the conclusion.

28. Matteo: A hair-raising portrait of approaching disaster, with much left for the reader's imagination.

29. johnnyjet: A suspenseful tale of a sadistic cat-and-mouse game, with poetic justice to add spice to the mixture.

30. Rialto: An unexpected look at an unusual aspect of extreme longevity, with a tasteful bit of the risqué.

31. LittleStar: A calm and rational discussion of an extraordinary development, with an enviable attitude towards life.

32. scarpelius: A suspenseful story of mystery and intrigue, with just enough hints to capture the imagination.

33. D.A. Xiaolin Spires: An imaginative fantasy of numerology, with a unique protagonist with a remarkable gift.

34. chrispenycate: A masterfully constructed poem, with a comparison between seemingly unrelated themes that meet in a unanticipated way.

35. Hugh: A moving character study of a gentle dreamer, with inspiration for anyone who has ever desired more than could be obtained.

Many thanks to Parson and Victoria for their reviews - better than the work they were reviewing, I fear.

@M. Robert Gibson .... A Single Occurrence Upon A Time .... M. Rob has cracked a fairy tale for us that most assuredly does not end "and they all lived happily ever after."

@SPoots .... Can't Lose .... SPoots does a tragic turn on the "Playing the Numbers" game.

Back