The Milligan Wars

Hello Elcan.
This would appear to be it, although I haven't tried the download or seen the cost.

The Milligan Wars epub and fb2 popular ebooks - ieBOK.com

It would also appear to be in EPUB or FB2, not PDF, but you can probably convert with Calibre or read direct with that or Cool Reader, both of which are available for both PC and Android.
This link is a non secure Chinese-based site. I’d stay away. I saw nothing and quickly got outta there!

From what I can see, The Milligan Wars was a late sequel published late in Keyes life in Japan (only) in 1994. Interestingly, you can get it in Japanese (and Chinese). I suspect is didn't ever get a publication run in the UK or US, and old suggestions that it was available in English in 2015 are probably erroneous. Its only run in the UK seems have been in HB in 2001 (Hamish Hamilton pub.). ISFDB returns no hits for "The Milligan Wars", and searching for Daniel Keyes indicates that it was unpublished (except in a draft format in Japan).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings - but I think an English edition does not exist.
I think this is correct. Amazon do list an isbn for it but nowhere else recognises that isbn

Welcome to the forum. However, I’m not sure it’s worth starting a second thread on the exact same query. As I stated on the thread you refer to, I don’t believe there is an English version available.

Back in 2007 or so, there were rumours that a low-grade MP3 had surfaced of someone who'd got hold of the original English typescript and was reading the whole thing aloud. It cut out about two paragraphs from the end when he was assassinated.

Tbh when I look at what synopsis are available on the interwub it sounds profoundly dull, I know if I got a copy it'd be a DNF

Different, earlier book.

The first link helps explain the lack of English edition of the missing book.
I would guess that the rights to the book are tied to the movie/tv series and won't be published until they are ready to present a completed work for the media, if they ever do.

Can this and the Milligan War threads be merged?

Abe Books also only has the Japanese and Chinese versions of the second book to buy: The Milligan Wars (BTW The books cost more to ship than their actual cost.)
The ISBN given by the OP 9780241132913 is for the first book (which is available.)

Just a quick related question - aren't there Apps such Google Translate and Microsoft Translator that would work on a soft copy of the text?
I know it would be harder to read from a smartphone or laptop, but not impossible. You could probably export the translation as a PDF and read it on a Kindle. That will be what the illegal download linked website has done. There is no law against doing this for your own personal use.
There are also optical character readers that would work on hard copies. Yes, I know they make loads of mistakes and some of it comes out as absolute gobbledegook but again, it is not impossible.

Last edited:
I keep thinking of "Adolph Hitler: My Part in his Downfall" by Spike Milligan.