DISCUSSION -- January 2018 300 Word Writing Challenge (#28)

Brothers, @Starbeast - A tale of brothers, once separated by mistrust, now together via trial. Both proving worthy to the father. Love wins!

Thank you, Cathbad. I got a little emotional while writing it.

Hey Starbeast. I hope you won't mind my saying that I like that you've gone outside of your comfort zone, mood-wise, with Brothers. I'll say 'Well done, sir!' to you.

Thanks, Cat's.

Actually, I write whatever pops into my little brain. However, when I suddenly get a case of, "the giggles"...look out.

I got my entry in at last. Yay. I counted 300 words so I'm hoping it got in by the skin of its teeth. So to speak.

I had no idea what to do with this one so I got my inspiration from a movie. I hope it works.

Totems, @Glen - I was just walking through the story - and I happened upon the final paragraph. Wow! I was zapped. I should have known, though... aren't we all just marionettes?

Thanks for the review, Cathbad. Inspiration finally visited here (thank you Diamond Man!). Looking forward to reading all the stories, when the month's done. Happy writing to those yet to enter, CC

Starbeast -- This inventive variation on myth reimagines figures who have been made overly familiar through popular culture. By making them fresh and new again, the story's theme of reconciliation is strengthened.

Calliopenjo -- The limitations of technology are dramatically portrayed in this tale, which sweeps over vast amounts of time. Despite the inescapable imperfections of humanity's creations, the author reminds us that not all is lost.

Glen -- The effect of this metaphysical vision is enhanced by the slow transformation of its style from realistic and lightly humorous to surreal and awe-inspiring. Because the transition is subtle, the reader is completely drawn into the story's otherworldly conclusion.

Cat's Cradle -- The matter-of-fact narrative style of this unique bit of magic realism allows the reader to enter into its strange yet familiar world. By contrasting a miraculous event with ordinary concerns of daily life, this story gives us a glimpse behind the veil of reality.

417 words. Dang eet. I'm pretty sure that's the most I've gone over. Editing will definitely be taking longer than the writing.

Just a note that I'm afraid we've had to remove an entry for being over 300 words, which we never like doing. Please be careful if you rely on software word-counts, as words joined by an ellipsis without a space might give a misleadingly lower count.

farntfar--we've got the machine that goes 'ping'! (Now all we need is the most expensive machine in the hospital.)

Victoria Siverwolf--thank heavens that no one ever learns the lesson to never get in a van with a stranger.

EPT Henry--I swear I've met these two somewhere. Fortunately for me, they were experimenting with aluminum cans at the time.

Not really reviews, I know, but I'm having fun with the reading. Keep 'em coming!

Empire, @CTRandall - To Rule and Be Ruled. To Heal and Destroy. These dichotomies - these choices - are what defines and separates humans and humanity one from another. Which one an individual chooses to do on any given day is a personal choice - but there is often greater consequences than just to that individual...

CTR.
Thank you for your review.
I'm glad you found you way straight to the central issue. :D

Edit:
Oh! And I hadn't noticed your one Cathbad. Thank you for that.