NaNoWriMo 2017

Still running a tad behind, at 7,937; but still feeling good about what I have written. Also, still amazed at Augusta authors - now over 767k words!!

I think my region is telling porky pies, fibbing their collective backsides off as the graph shows just over 4.5million.

Where are these writers?

They need to have a National Novel Brainstorming Month. I would kill it every time.

Wowz!

They need to have a National Novel Brainstorming Month. I would kill it every time.

The stats can be entered in minutes and hours of brainstorming.

"8 hrs 34 min spent thinking about novel today. No problems."

"8 hrs 46 min spent thinking about novel. Paperwork piling up on desk."

"9 hrs 0 min spent thinking today, not necessarily about novel. Sticky note from boss I haven't read yet."

"8 hrs 30 min spent thinking today, not really about anything. Boss is eyeing me from doorway."

"Spent all day drooling on desk. My Airline traffic control boss wasn't too happy."

f*ck I'm so very very behind. I got laid off on Thursday and just...haven't been able to get back into the groove. Got an infinite weekend to catch up though! I did get my NYC Midnight Flash Fiction submission done. It's not very good, but it's submitted. And yeah, I'm counting those words.

f*ck I'm so very very behind. I got laid off on Thursday and just...haven't been able to get back into the groove. Got an infinite weekend to catch up though! I did get my NYC Midnight Flash Fiction submission done. It's not very good, but it's submitted. And yeah, I'm counting those words.

Ack, sorry to hear that. That's like most peoples worst day. :confused:

I'll just leave this here:

DorkTower1409a.jpg

I'm having a go at being an outliner rather than a pantser this year. It feels... strange, but good. I'm behind on wordcount, but I've got more confidence than I've had in any of the previous years, including that one year I won. Maybe these outliners are onto something after all, heh.

@mistri @allmywires I was also made redundant a couple of months ago and it royally sucks. I can't even say that I've had any time to write during that period as I'm being made to work to the end of my contract, with little time off for doing other things. So... double sucky. Counter intuitively, I find that I write more freely when I'm in work, as I'm not fretting over other stuff. Security brings freedom. So I won't be doing NaNo this year - a shame, as my WIP needs a rocket up its butt and Nano would have provided that.
I work fairly similarly as well I've found. Uncertainty and lots of free time aren't great friends of
my writing; routine is.

Mistri, in your case, I'd be wary of going back to something that's burnt you out so much before.

One super busy month later and I finally reply... Turns out I couldn't write during redundancy either. I was so focused on finding work, prepping my CV etc, looking for short-term money, that I couldn't write at all.

In the end I got another job pretty quick and am already in it now - so November wasn't the writing month I thought it was, but on the other hand, now I have a little security again and hopefully I can get back on the horse now, so to speak.

Best of luck to everyone still writing away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiberglass Cyborg Writing Discussion 8
Harpo Writing Discussion 12
A Writing Discussion 22
Phyrebrat Writing Discussion 30
ratsy Writing Discussion 145