NaNoWriMo 2017

SPoots

Anyone here going to give NaNoWriMo a try this year?

I'm thinking of trying to do a satyrical take on Dante's Inferno I've been meaning to do for years.

Hey, SPoots. I've been setting goals for around 25k per month the last two months, and for October I've given myself a goal of 35k to finish the current Novel. I've done the 50k on NaNo twice now, and I do plan on trying for it this year again to get the other novel completed. So... I'm in!

I've only done it once. The novel is still sitting after two edits, but I'm hoping to get some more practice in planning and plotting for this one. (Last one had a plot hole you could drive a bus through).

I wanted to, as I did quite well last year (and the resulting novel was picked up for publication), but I'm behind in finishing my WiP (wanted it finished so I could do the NaNo) and have a lot going on at the mo. I might do though.

Nath - are we doing our FB group again?

I'll be trying for it again. I horribly failed last year, so I have some honour to reclaim!

I tried to do it last year (failed) - I did promise myself as a new year's resolution I'd actually finish a novel this year, though what with re-writes and all i'm probably 100k short of that goal (fun!!!). I'd like to give it another shot though.

I tried to do it last year (failed) - I did promise myself as a new year's resolution I'd actually finish a novel this year, though what with re-writes and all i'm probably 100k short of that goal (fun!!!). I'd like to give it another shot though.

Dooooo it!

I wanted to, as I did quite well last year (and the resulting novel was picked up for publication), but I'm behind in finishing my WiP (wanted it finished so I could do the NaNo) and have a lot going on at the mo. I might do though.

Nath - are we doing our FB group again?

I'm in a similar boat, M. I would join in but seeing as my WIP is already 110 and I'm trying for a completed 1st draft by 2019, I don't think I could manage both projects and keep me ol' sanity.

However, I really think NANO is a great concept; it offers support to writers, measurable objectives and a sense of achievement and camaraderie that is often lacking in the lonely existence of writing solo so I always keep abreast of what my writerly friends are doing, and how they're getting on.

pH

Yeah it really helped me last year. I'm usually such a slow writer but the chat in the FB group and the checking in with others did me some good.

Yeah I lurked in that one :D

pH

I saw your shadow a few times...

Should we start a new group there or just keep the same one? I dont want to annoy the people who were in it, and not taking part.

Phyre, what better way to get your book up to 160,000K words?

Last time I tried I was doing well, but then real life hit me hard and then i fell behind got emotional distraught and it ruined writing for me as I had a near emotional breakdown considering where I was in my life and what was happening...

Not sure I want to put myself through that again.

I already have 47k in a story I started in mid September. So I feel quite pleased about the results.

Honestly I wish somebody would just make a word tracker.. Probably is one out there where you can use it to challenge yourself as a writer. A writing equivalent of a pedometer?

I don't know even the community there didn't like me. I tend to go against the flow or rather Um PC views and understanding psychology doesn't help with proving people wrong.

THAT CAN NEVER HAPPEN!:mad:

*quick google search shows five famous cases of it happening*

Umm?:confused: Reality says otherwise.:cautious:

I enjoy the concept and the tools Wrimo has to offer, but starting a NEW story after everything else. I already did that. Heck I was debating on saving this story for that, but I had to to write it.

I honestly wish you could have that full thing ALL the time or at least with pre-existing stories.:oops: Some outside motivation does help at times. Honestly why I keep on posting a word count update on that What are you doing thread. Helps silence that inner voice telling me I am worthless and :poop:

>Honestly I wish somebody would just make a word tracker.

Scrivener has one.

I'm stuck at my current WiP. I know the end but this middle bit is doing my head in.

I have got another story already plotted out that could used for NaNoWriMo but damn that could be tough.

Should we start a new group there or just keep the same one? I dont want to annoy the people who were in it, and not taking part.

Use the same one I reckon. The ones who aren't taking part can always unfollow the group (or leave!). Anybody else who's on FB who wants in'll have to ask you! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiberglass Cyborg Writing Discussion 8
Harpo Writing Discussion 12
A Writing Discussion 22
Phyrebrat Writing Discussion 30
ratsy Writing Discussion 145