Amazon Author Pages -1 country only!

Cosmic Geoff

Most of you reading this will be aware that if you self-publish on Amazon, you can create an author page that lists your books.
But did you realize that the Author Page you create with your photo, biography etc only works in one country? For instance, if you are an UK author and want your details to appear on the US site, you have to go to the .com version of Author Central and upload your details there. (You can use the same email and password.)

Also worth knowing is that (if you answer the questions correctly) you can have up to two extra linked author pages for your pseudonyms. If you mess up, the Author Central staff are very helpful.

It's a good point to make - I have an author page sent up on Amazon .co.uk and .com, but not the others.

However, there are members here who only have it set up on one Amazon site. :)

Yes, these are the sites with an author page. The other places don't have one, at least not yet. It would seem Amazon would just populate these pages, but they don't.

Also worth knowing is that (if you answer the questions correctly) you can have up to two extra linked author pages for your pseudonyms. If you mess up, the Author Central staff are very helpful.

Not sure what this means? On your account, you can have up to three names (real name if you use it, two pen names), without any issues. To get another Author Central for more pen names, you just need to create a new Author Central account with a valid email, which can have three names, which you can do more than once if needed. I've seen nothing about answering questions.

Not sure exactly::
Not sure what this means? On your account, you can have up to three names (real name if you use it, two pen names), without any issues. To get another Author Central for more pen names, you just need to create a new Author Central account with a valid email, which can have three names, which you can do more than once if needed. I've seen nothing about answering questions.
:: However it seems that if you have pseudonyms that getting them linked to your main author name might require their help.

What is really heinous at this point for me is that Amazon somehow created a J.L. Author name and a J Author name and a J L Author Name with my books and I have not yet asked what it might take to straighten that out. However all those names show up as authors for my books.

I did manage to claim each page so they all have relevant information now. However it now looks like triplets have authored my books.

What is really heinous at this point for me is that Amazon somehow created a J.L. Author name and a J Author name and a J L Author Name with my books and I have not yet asked what it might take to straighten that out. However all those names show up as authors for my books.

How on earth did they manage that? Unless someone else has made an Author Central account and claimed your books, but that really should require that the name in the Author field in KDP matches the name on the AC account :/

I found this out because ratsy asked us to set up author pages when he published The Haunting of Lake Manor Hotel. It does seem rather odd for such a megalomaniacal company such as Amazon to 'miss' this. But then, it makes me wonder if there is some seedy exploitation or workaraound they're up to.

I'm not normally paranoid, but the past few years have made me question so many silly things like this!

pH

I did manage to claim each page so they all have relevant information now. However it now looks like triplets have authored my books.

I did have this problem with K. Author and K. J. Author names, but by messaging Author Central I eventually got it tidied up, adding my titles to the right name.

That's a curious part of it all::
How on earth did they manage that? Unless someone else has made an Author Central account and claimed your books, but that really should require that the name in the Author field in KDP matches the name on the AC account :/
::I claimed my Author Page as soon as the book showed up in amazon which happened when my POD publisher sent the electronic files to them.
Then those other author variations showed up as what I call dead author pages. That's the pages are dead not the author.

What happens is when you select the author name, instead of offering a choice to go to the author page or taking you to the author page it instead goes to a page with all iterations of my book and often other authors books. Any attempt to find an actual author page from the link in the author names on this page would just send you back to that dumb page.

This page also included two strange iterations of my book with isbn's that were similar to the amazon ebook isbn's but were listed as hard and trade paperback and were isbn's that were not associated with my books ie: the ones I should be paid for.
Don't think I haven't had a few conversations with them::
I did have this problem with K. Author and K. J. Author names, but by messaging Author Central I eventually got it tidied up, adding my titles to the right name.
:: The first was to try to remove those bogus isbn's of which so far they have only managed to remove one.
They did have what they felt was a reasonable explanation for the existence of those strange offerings.

Anyway for now I created pages for each of the aliases so that potential customers don't get hooked into that strange dumb page loop.