Sff romance - suggestions and recommends

It's Yorkshire too ;)

And @Teresa Edgerton -- the jokes don't make me laugh. A few of them do, but most of them feel like they're trying a bit hard. It's just not my thing in the same way as I struggled for ages to read Cassandra Clare because her voice made my skin crawl (I got better).

I haven't read all of the pages on this, but one author I always thought did romance well in a SFF setting was Peter F Hamilton. Particularly the Night's Dawn set. The romances are not central but they are there and mostly how I imagine romances in such a vast space would be. The ways it changes people's lives, opinions, etc and sometimes leaving you hofing for the impossible, knowing it can't happen and wouldn't work which is something difficult to do as an author.

His mind star rising set uses romance as a main plotting device, but again it's a truthful, painful romance.

Anne Mccaffrey has lots of romance in her novels.

Love or hate him orson scott card's ender's game sequels have a surprising romanticness to them.

And, because I can, I'll mention Jasper Fforde's novel Shades of Grey. Excellent and a good romantic thread or two between the marvellous story.

His mind star rising set uses romance as a main plotting device, but again it's a truthful, painful romance.

I hadn't thought of him. But I did rather like that aspect of Mind Star Rising. In my opinion that's his best series. The others I've read have become too complex and (seems strange to say) too far out there to be really gripping.

I love the Mind Star Rising books. Sad and uplifting all at once.

I've got a very good head for complicated multiple lines so I do like his tombstones, and there are certain parts that I adore.

In his science fantasy set the first realisation of what the MC can do to the world just sets you right up for all the loss and struggles ahead, all for love and compassion.

I haven't read all of the pages on this, but one author I always thought did romance well in a SFF setting was Peter F Hamilton. Particularly the Night's Dawn set. The romances are not central but they are there and mostly how I imagine romances in such a vast space would be. The ways it changes people's lives, opinions, etc and sometimes leaving you hofing for the impossible, knowing it can't happen and wouldn't work which is something difficult to do as an author.

Anne Mccaffrey has lots of romance in her novels.

Love or hate him orson scott card's ender's game sequels have a surprising romanticness to them.

And, because I can, I'll mention Jasper Fforde's novel Shades of Grey. Excellent and a good romantic thread or two between the marvellous story.

Ah I remember reading the Dragons of Pern series in my teens. There was a romance in the first book between a feisty, intelligent and non-comformist woman and a brooding, dangerous but ultimately good-hearted man.

Not the worst romance ever although the man tended to communicate his feelings to the woman by taking her by the shoulders and shaking her. There was probably more to it than that but that's what stuck in my mind at the time.

I just finished reading a self-published science fiction romance that I quite liked, although it has a really awful title: Abducted, Auctioned, and Stolen by an Alien by Amanda Milo. It's an excellent novel, with a hot and wonderfully attentive alien hero (who has horns!) and a human heroine who has a modern sense of humor. Both of the leads are likeable, so it's easy to root for them as a couple. The first-person narrative alternates smoothly between the hero's and heroine's points of view, and there's plenty of alien world-building and sexy-time scenes.