Factory Girl: Reviews

On the back of a really nice new review of the Factory Girl trilogy from Steampunk enthusiast Nimue Brown, Infinity Plus Books have reduced the price of volume 1 of the trilogy for a week or so:

Overall the plot is unpredictable, engaging, challenging and will make you think… Although the main characters are in their teens, I don’t think this is a YA novel particularly. I like that about it. The assumption that we only want to read about characters who are of an age with us needs challenging. Younger folk could read it, but it has clearly been written with adults readers in mind. It’s a fascinating book(s) and I very much enjoyed it.

And a new review on amazon.com:

I found the entire trilogy to be riveting and found myself absorbed in the seesawing development of Kora and Roka’s fate. Palmer’s themes are provocative and intense, yet it all occurs within an almost non-stop action and suspense context, full of colorful characters, both good, evil and somewhere in between. The end result is both a good fun yarn, and a food-for-thought indictment of religion, capitalism, and, by extension, the environment that Palmer has written so extensively about.

The ebook has been set to 99p on amazon.co.uk.
Enjoy!

Delighted to say that steampunk artist Tom Brown (he of 'Hopeless, Maine' fame amongst much else) is going to create three new book covers for my Factory Girl trilogy. Tom is a well known and highly respected artist, whose mysterious style of painting is ideally suited to the steampunk machinations of the Factory Girl world.
I met Tom at the Asylum Steampunk Festival at the weekend, and we had an enlightening chat about possible designs and how to approach them. Really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with!
Google "Hopeless Maine Tom Brown" to get an idea of his unique, highly mysterious style...

Or : just view his deviant art collection::
Delighted to say that steampunk artist Tom Brown (he of 'Hopeless, Maine' fame amongst much else) is going to create three new book covers for my Factory Girl trilogy. Tom is a well known and highly respected artist, whose mysterious style of painting is ideally suited to the steampunk machinations of the Factory Girl world.
I met Tom at the Asylum Steampunk Festival at the weekend, and we had an enlightening chat about possible designs and how to approach them. Really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with!
Google "Hopeless Maine Tom Brown" to get an idea of his unique, highly mysterious style...

CopperAge on DeviantArt

I recently enjoyed "The Girl With Two Souls". It was refreshingly new and different from anything else I've ever read. I have always liked steampunk art, but haven't gotten into steampunk fiction.

Kora/Roka are intriguing characters trying to resolve the mystery surrounding their identities and the world in which they live. I was disappointed only in the ending, which didn't feel like an ending at all because it was too abrupt and without resolution. It is clear that the next books are meant to be read because this didn't feel like the first installment of a trilogy. It feels like the first part of a long book. In that, I felt a bit cheated. However, I did buy the next parts since this story is definitely worth finishing.

Thanks for the compliments!
The issue of how to describe the three books was tricky. Like Lord Of The Rings, the Factory Girl trilogy is one long book in three volumes. But we felt we had to use the word 'trilogy' since the work regardless of endings and beginnings takes place over three books; and also, series of books have to have an overall title, for instance to market them on amazon. We chose Factory Girl.
Would be great to see your review on amazon and goodreads.
Thanks again!