GATHERING (Chronicles of Empire 1) cover reveal

Nice cover Brian - works as thumbnail :p

Personally, I think adding "the" to the series name may make it grammatically correct but I prefer Chronicles of Empire and for a title don't think it matters. (sorry Jo :devilish: )

Good luck with it - fantasy is a hard nut to crack!

Chronicles of Empire is, I think, technically a sentence fragment. Why isn't it the Empire, or An.

The use is intentional. :)

Also, modern titles commonly use sentence fragments, and drop use of "the" as well. Presumably it helps make them more punchy, and unique.

The biggest risk IMO is using a one-word book title, especially a verb - that's not so common. But for me a three-word title here would have been cliche. A few years back we had a link to a website where visitors could auto-generate their own dramatic three-word fantasy book title, and that helped underline my decision.

It's certainly clean and bold, it delivers on all the things it should. Personally I like a story in the artwork, but that's me. E-browsing - I wouldn't bite. But I am not your average buyer, nor are my browser algorithms. :D

Chronicles of Empire actually reminds me of something well-known in SFF, although I can't quite place what. I don't *think* I'm thinking of Chronicles of Amber, because they're a "The...".

Well done Brian! I like the cover a lot. The cover does say Fantasy to me, but the blurb makes me think S.F. The time travel thing. --- For me that's a good thing, the S.F. blurb would make me look closer at the book.

---- Did you ever think Chronicles would become the site it has become? It must blow you away!

I've always liked covers that are 'clean' as others have put it. I never really knew how to describe it, but that seems fitting. The synopsis sounds really intriguing, particularly these two bits: 'Molric, who has journeyed to the past to destroy it', and 'forces bigger than anyone realises'. I'm guessing it's a YA? If so, then I'll definitely read it. It sounds really intriguing. (y)

I'm about a third into the book. Having been forewarned by Brian about multiple characters, I attacked this like a Russian Novel and kept a list of the characters I encountered, which now looks like overkill, I have found the book to be intriguing and I would definitely agree, Epic Fantasy with a twist which makes it slide subtly into the S.F. realm. ---- Perhaps proven by the fact that unlike most Fantasy books I've read I don't have to force myself to continue reading it. ---- That's high praise for Fantasy for me.

I like the title better than the alternates people have recommended. I tried to talk Michael Sullivan out of Age of Myth which I thought sounded drab and unoriginal. Look forward to reading this Brian. How many will there be in the series do you think? I usually wait until they all come out and then read them after the Robert Jordan experience of perpetual re-reads.

I usually wait until they all come out and then read them after the Robert Jordan experience of perpetual re-reads.

I'm definitely not going to take as long as some other writers famously have - but I would certainly recommend checking out the first book, if nothing else to see whether it's your cup of tea. :)