Photos (and Drawings?) of Tolkienian Landscapes

Extollager

Stephen Palmer's entry

(Tolkien and) Walking

prompts me to solicit pictures from y'all. To start with, at least, I'd encourage everyone to send pictures made or taken by themselves, and saying something about the location(s).

Bombadil river scene reduced.jpg

Did I succeed this time? You should be seeing a photo from last October of the Goose River in eastern North Dakota. To me it looks a bit like something from Bombadil's country.

SParlM1.jpg

UYHUENv.jpg

This is from Croatia, Dalmatian Hinterland. It was taken with my phone. Maybe somewhere in Gondor or Rohan? The place is actually one enormous field surrounded by hills and mountains with a river meandering through it.

Looks gorgeous - I really hope to visit Croatia one day. :)

It has become quite popular among tourists. However, the place depicted above is not a very touristy destination at all even though it features this and this. I think the second one also qualifies as a Tolkien Landscape, but it is not my photo.

It has become quite popular among tourists. However, the place depicted above is not a very touristy destination at all even though it features this and this. I think the second one also qualifies as a Tolkien Landscape, but it is not my photo.

Is that the river Neretva? I am Croatian, but from a different part of the country, so not quite sure. Have you visited Red and Blue lakes near Imotski? Cool places to visit and definitely would qualify for Tolkien's stories :)

Is that the river Neretva? I am Croatian, but from a different part of the country, so not quite sure. Have you visited Red and Blue lakes near Imotski? Cool places to visit and definitely would qualify for Tolkien's stories :)

It's Cetina. Look at Dinara in the background. <3

I visited when I was in third grade during a school trip.

It's Cetina. Look at Dinara in the background. <3

I visited when I was in third grade during a school trip.

Oh, Cetina. Yes, there are some pretty cool landscapes down there. School trip? You must be living somewhere around these parts. I'm curious, but also going off topic, so I'm not gonna ask any more questions :)

Oh, Cetina. Yes, there are some pretty cool landscapes down there. School trip? You must be living somewhere around these parts. I'm curious, but also going off topic, so I'm not gonna ask any more questions :)
Somewhere in Dalmatia. Let's leave it at that. :D