The Monty Python TV and Film Thread

I just watched the 1st part of something called one down & five to go, in which the classic ingredient of the Whizzo whatever was switched from LARK'S VOMIT to MOUSE POO.

Wanted to finish it, but NF took it off! & just one day later, at that. But, those (at that time) remaining 5 guys were OLD! VERY OLD.
I do not know what the problem was, but a day after I could not find this, there it was, again. Finished it, this time. Started watching MONTY PYTHON: THE MEANING OF LIVE, which was a documentary of one down & five to go, though it also covered several other Python programs.

I wonder how they decided which ones would have which roles? There seems to be a tendency to have Cleese Vs. Palin; the Argument, the dead parrot, the cheese shop. Cleese vs. others in the defense against fruit sketch, does he make the best antagonist?

I wonder how they decided which ones would have which roles? There seems to be a tendency to have Cleese Vs. Palin; the Argument, the dead parrot, the cheese shop. Cleese vs. others in the defense against fruit sketch, does he make the best antagonist?
Chapman (Colonel, Arthur, etc) was often an authority figure, Idle was the wordsplurging musical one, Palin did the working class northerners, Jones the women , and Gilliam obviously the animator with supporting roles (clopping coconuts, jailer’s assistant, Cardinal Fang, etc)

Everyone has it so easy these days, Monty Python shows available at the click of a mouse.

When I was a kid, we had to get up a 5 in the morning to catch the broadcast. At that time the hamsters were still sleeping and we had to produce our own electricity to run the tv....

Everyone has it so easy these days, Monty Python shows available at the click of a mouse.

When I was a kid, we had to get up a 5 in the morning to catch the broadcast. At that time the hamsters were still sleeping and we had to produce our own electricity to run the tv....
You tell the kids today this and they wont believe you.
The rich Yorkshiremen is always called a python sketch but it was first done in At last it's the 1948 show and included Tim Brooke Taylor and Marty Feldman, but its origins was a running gag on I'm sorry I'll read that again, which was a radio comedy.

Chapman (Colonel, Arthur, etc) was often an authority figure, Idle was the wordsplurging musical one, Palin did the working class northerners, Jones the women , and Gilliam obviously the animator with supporting roles (clopping coconuts, jailer’s assistant, Cardinal Fang, etc)

Cleese would be the parody voice reason /expert in the sketches, he play those parts . if they doing a Mocumentary narration for a given skit , he'd supply the VoiceOver.

Apart from the 'argument sketch', one of the funniest for me was the 'mountaineering sketch' (or should that be sketches?) Cleese and Chapman at their brilliant best (and a very funny and unexpected twist at the end. I remember watching the episodes on video quite some time ago, and whilst the jokes could be very hit and miss, the funniest are just as good now as they were back then.

Apart from the 'argument sketch', one of the funniest for me was the 'mountaineering sketch' (or should that be sketches?) Cleese and Chapman at their brilliant best (and a very funny and unexpected twist at the end. I remember watching the episodes on video quite some time ago, and whilst the jokes could be very hit and miss, the funniest are just as good now as they were back then.

That's another sketch that really cracks me up whenever I watch it. It never gets old.:D

You tell the kids today this and they wont believe you.
The rich Yorkshiremen is always called a python sketch but it was first done in At last it's the 1948 show and included Tim Brooke Taylor and Marty Feldman, but its origins was a running gag on I'm sorry I'll read that again, which was a radio comedy.
I watched those on Amazon Prime. Poor video quality, but interesting!

EEA111A0-2B5F-4FAC-BA60-8C0F6123F150.jpeg

I only saw a few episodes, but I'll try rewatching the whole show in the future. I enjoyed Fawlty Towers, though.

I only saw a few episodes, but I'll try rewatching the whole show in the future. I enjoyed Fawlty Towers, though.

I loved Fawlty Towers and, it should have run more seasons than it did. It's easily John Cleese's best work after Monty Python .

Not sure if this is really the correct thread, but it does feature an ex-Python
It's the follow up documentary to the Rutles' docu All You Need Is Cash
I don't remember seeing this before, but it was made 20 years ago, so I must have :unsure:

To say it's star-studded would be an understatement!

Monty Python And the Holy Grail has such universal appeal and it amazing certain jokes and scenes have worked their way in to our popular culture. for example , The Xena Warrior Princess episode Hell and Sickness did their own homage to Killer Bunny Rabbit scene and Holy Hand grenade of Antioch make makes it way into the film Ready Player One . Also a sizable number of people in the world seem to be familiar with whole Coconut /sparrow joke. And of course everyone knows the Black Knight bit. :D And , let's not forget that it inspired the mural Spamalot( soon to be a motion picture . Just kidding about that ).:D

In the original Spam sketch, the first two menu items (egg & bacon, egg sausage & bacon) lacked spam entirely. That massive plot hole was later repaired, as shown here

It never gets old. :D