• Life Of Brian

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • The Meaning Of Life

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Monty Python Live (Mostly)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It has to be Brian

The Grail had some great bits, but isn't really a challenger.
Reverse for me. I think the Latin graffiti sketch from Brian is the best MP sketch ever by a country milia passuum, but though Brian pips HG for clever comedy, HG's imagination, imagery and score mean it holds its own as a fantasy Arthurian epic, whereas Brian doesn't quite work as a Roman epic on its own terms.

I'll put a half vote for The Holy Grail and another half vote for The Life of Brian. (though the poll won't allow me)

Holy Grail.
LoB is very funny in parts, but the sheer relentless comic invention of HG wins it for me.

Difficult choice between Grail and Brian, but I think Grail just edges it for me, probably because it contains more Pythonesque* humour

* My definition may vary from others, but it includes silliness and the surreal

Went with Life of Brian out of nostalgia. It was a banned film (in 80's Ireland), which meant seemingly everyone watched it, and weren't disappointed. Great work, but all all of the above are worth a look I reckon (y)

Life of Brian. I like my humour to hit the other notes, and I think Life of Brian does that better, and ends up funnier than Holy Grail for me.

Holy Grail. Just, over Life of Brian.

Meaning of Life (people aren't wearing enough hats) is a far third - though Crimson Pirates is good.

Torn between Grail and Brian, for different reasons. I do love some blasphemy, as well as pure ridiculousness.

Vote would well go to the one currently on view.

Still can't decide which button to push.

I've never seen Monty Python Live. But I imagine it contains this skit , which is my favourite.

The Holy Grail , for lots of reasons . Favorite bit , the Black Knight .:D