Need help to find a book, and more importantly, the author

MikeinMesa48

About 5 or 7 years ago I read a book from my local library. The backstory had the hero being a mentally challenged individual who had nannites put in his body which made him normal, or a bit above. The story took place on an ordinary frontier world. The hero was looking for his sister who had some connect (if I remember correctly) with the scientists that inserted the nannites. The hero had some control over the nannites ( which apparently no one knew), which lead to the memorable concept of the book for me. He ended up in jail somehow and to get out he spit on either the lock or the window bars which released nannites onto the lock/bars and he controlled them to eat through the lo0ck/bars so he could make his getaway. I enjoyed the book. It was well written and I want to see if the author has written anything more. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. MikeinMesa (AZ)

It is the Jon and Lobo series, and I thank you for your help. Usually I write down books and authors I like, but when I read the copyright date on the book no wonder I lost my note in that long tunnel of time. I certainly am going to track down the rest of the books. Again, My thanks. Mike in Mesa, AZ