After SuperHeroes , What Do You Think Will be the Next Big Thing in The Movies?

Warcraft hasn't done well with the critics and it s box office could be better. I doubt this one will be the beginning of a new franchise .

let's be honest here, who really cares what a critic thinks?

Actually, I used to listen to Siskel and Ebert, to find out what I should go see - anything they hated!

;)

They were both great .(y) It's too bad neither of them are with us anymore. :(

I hated their "expertise". I watched an episode where they were reviewing drive-in style movies. They introduced one by saying it was purposely aimed at the middle aged drive-in crowd - then trashed it for being a movie only the middle aged drive-in goers would like! Um... doesn't that mean they hit their target demographic??

Every episode was the same. One movie would get Siskel's thumbs up and Ebert's thumbs down, the next they would reverse the thumbs, there would be an American movie they both hated, which would inevitably do well in theaters, and there would be one - usually French - they'd both love.

They had the best clips, though!

I won't even watch TV previews. When the new Independence Day clips come on, I look away and hum DoodeeDooo and drown them out. Reviews are for later, then you can decide which of the reviewers are idjuts, based on what they think of movies that you know are great/terrible. That's turnin' the tables on them, by jingo.

It's ok to watch reviews up until the movie is out. Then, for some inexplicable reason, the reviewers think it's ok to show the endings. :(

As was already said here the game industry will probably influence even more Hollywood in the future.

In this matter I think that I would like to see a Fallout movie… with a good script and not just some special effects movie.

I think that good script part is going to be a big challenge with computer game based movies for a long time to come.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:censored::sick::mad:

I think that good script part is going to be a big challenge with computer game based movies for a long time to come.

Yeah I am not a big gamer, but it seems odd to insert movie characters/actors into video games such as first person shooters etc... Where YOU are technically the main character and that character is basically nothing but a ghost story with a few bits and pieces filled in just to move the story along, but the big franchises don't exactly have a lot of main characters. I mean, if they can't get Halo right, then I don't know any video game universe that can be adapted successfully, but Warcraft is a little different in that it is a world where you can easily create your own characters and I don't think the fanbase would care all that much. As long as they see the world and the creatures. They are happy. So perhaps hollywood will start there.

Adaptations of Musical revival off broadway comedies ?:D