After SuperHeroes , What Do You Think Will be the Next Big Thing in The Movies?

Pacific Rim is good but its more in the cult grouping than mainstream I think. Big budget for a cult, but its still not really got that something that makes it mainstream (and sometimes I think that something is just smothering advertising everywhere)

Aren't they contemplating a Robotech film?

I think there's some legal issues with the Mechwarrior/Battletech/Robotech franchises in the western market due to a company that originally brought them over and which has now tried to claim all sorts of random things under the licence even though its questionable if their licence is even as valid as they think it is.

It would be a ripe universe to adapt to the big screen once more (accepting that it had its hay day back in the days of anime and animation

In the beginning some Robotech designs were licensed by FASA for Battletech, but the license expired and now they are off limits. Catalyst (the current owners of Battletech/Mechwarrior) have been working to acquire those designs again. As long as those designs aren't used Catalyst can do what they want.

Pacific Rim is good but its more in the cult grouping than mainstream I think. Big budget for a cult, but its still not really got that something that makes it mainstream (and sometimes I think that something is just smothering advertising everywhere)

I think this one might take the place of Transformers.

Giant Prehistoric Shark movies? :whistle:

Baylor, wherever did you get that idea? Who would believe a megalodon in the twenty-first century? Too far out. No one would go see such a movie.

Baylor, wherever did you get that idea? Who would believe a megalodon in the twenty-first century? Too far out. No one would go see such a movie.

Yep , your right Im being silly :D

Last edited:
Would it be too much to think that the next big thing will be story driven films with writing that focus on the characters and not CGI mumbo-jumbo? Nah. Prehistoric shark films are more likely I think.

Would it be too much to think that the next big thing will be story driven films with writing that focus on the characters and not CGI mumbo-jumbo? Nah. Prehistoric shark films are more likely I think.

Yes, that CGI Shark in Megladon should be considered for the category of best actor. :D