After SuperHeroes , What Do You Think Will be the Next Big Thing in The Movies?

I was thinking something smarter. But if you want comedy, the cast from Real Genius could be brought back together for a new story.

In the current polical climate , this one rebooted would definitely find an audience.

There are alot of story elements in Dune . I think a trilogy would be a better idea here .
I read a news item that Villeneuve is casting and will start production in March.
You know one thing that Blade Runner 2049 showed is that he has an eye for production design. Like Ridley Scott and Guillermo del Toro so I am very curious to see what this , these?, films will look like.
I mean the pluses of the Lynch version was the cast and costumes and sets.

Three Heinlein novels have been in development hell for the last 8 years, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, a reboot of Star Ship Troopers and Have Space Suit Will Travel.
I think Have Space Suit Will Travel would make a great mini series , if done full blown budget, for Netflix or Amazon or even HBO.

Film execs and drones are not known for their bravery these days.

One of the prerequisites for being a studio executive in Hollywood is that you can't display even the slightest hint of imagination otherwise they won't hire you.

Last edited:
OR... someone in Ollywood can be brave and work with an entirely new story?

Dunkirk did well at the boxoffice last year and that was different.
Alas, Blade Runner 2049 did not do so well and it was way different, then Blade Runner also did poorly in first release. I was much entertained by both those films.

Dunkirk did well at the boxoffice last year and that was different.
Alas, Blade Runner 2049 did not do so well and it was way different, then Blade Runner also did poorly in first release. I was much entertained by both those films.

I never got to see Dunkird but have heard enough good thing about to rent it.

as for Blade Runner , I saw that when it first came out , It was amazing then , It. still looks pretty amazing . :cool: As to the follow up 2049 , equally good film. I wish it could have been a hit

I wonder what PDK would think of theses two films ?

Dick died only a couple of months before the release of Blade Runner, so I think he probably had some idea of what the film be like, although I don't know if he said or wrote anything about it. I think he would have approved of it.

As for 2049, I'm sure he would have been impressed.

Dick died only a couple of months before the release of Blade Runner, so I think he probably had some idea of what the film be like, although I don't know if he said or wrote anything about it. I think he would have approved of it.

As for 2049, I'm sure he would have been impressed.

It would've been nice if he could have seen Blade Runner . :(

Last edited: