6.02: The Walking Dead - JSS

Morgan arrive early on in the fight so they couldn't have been too far and presumably were diverted away when the horn stopped. If he arrived after say 10 mins then they would have arrived by 45 mins.

The episode was fantastic but the timing was terrible.

I rewatched the episode and it was even more glaringly obvious. 45 minutes passed but we were shown the actions being carried out by each character - these actions could NOT have been simultaneous otherwise 45 minutes would not have passed but they needed to be simultaneous for placement of characters in the scene.

I still loved the episode despite the timing being awful. 15 minutes would have been more than enough to cover the characters actions. Anyone who has ever been involved in any sort of combat knows combat time FEELS a lot longer - somebody should tell the writers that this is not an actual physical effect!

I suspect that immediately after the horn shut down, the horde lost their interest in the sound and started wondering about other things. And what's more interesting to them than a sound, a dinner. So, it wouldn't take much for Rick and others use themselves to draw the horde away. Or chopping them up by dividing following horde to into smaller chunks. Same thing that you would do in war. To me the problem is how many other zombies heard the bloody ruckus (horn, screaming and shooting)?
That might work, but the horde is now strung out over a long distance and been turned sideways, you might be able to attract the attention of some, but getting all their attention would require some serious show, maybe they have some more fireworks for the parade?

That might work, but the horde is now strung out over a long distance and been turned sideways, you might be able to attract the attention of some, but getting all their attention would require some serious show, maybe they have some more fireworks for the parade?

Don't forget the herd mentality though. If you can get enough walker following you then that brings other workers which in turn brings more - ad infinitum.

I think it will definitely be interesting to see so many walkers on the move all at once. Almost like the sort of numbers we saw in Atlanta.