Review on sfbooks.com

Getting something like this is part luck, but it's worth trying for. And then you have to hope the product's good enough it doesn't do more damage than good. :)

I have books on SFbooks.com so I know what you mean and I appreciate the difficulty. I only hope your readers and future readers appreciate this as well.

Not sure having my books on this site created much of a sales spike so I would recommend that you must really push it on Twitter and other sources whilst it is hot news. I may not have done that. Perhaps ask other authors how best to promote a "special" review. Keep me notified as I need to learn from this. Once again though, well done. Put a link on your web but also put a recognisable picture from their web with it (like the Twitter bird symbol if you know what I mean). Best wishes

I have books on SFbooks.com so I know what you mean and I appreciate the difficulty. I only hope your readers and future readers appreciate this as well.

Not sure having my books on this site created much of a sales spike so I would recommend that you must really push it on Twitter and other sources whilst it is hot news. I may not have done that. Perhaps ask other authors how best to promote a "special" review. Keep me notified as I need to learn from this. Once again though, well done. Put a link on your web but also put a recognisable picture from their web with it (like the Twitter bird symbol if you know what I mean). Best wishes

It's all a slow burn, I think - but I do tweet and facebook and am trying out some of the promo sites for my next 99p week in a couple of weeks (will be the last for a while, so want to hit it well if I can.) Have a look at some of @FibonacciEddie 's threads - he has some great tips for what works and what doesn't. :)

I didn't get a spike in sales from this review, but I think the culmative effect of the reviews is having an impact. (I'm on 5* over 9 reviews on Amazon UK and I'm hoping it keeps going to 10 so I can do a bit of singing and dancing with it) as there was a good spike this week. But it's about getting word of mouth out there and, also, building a name - I'm in this for another few books at least with 2 hitting next year and a couple more churning around agents and publishers and what not.

And Allen Stroud, the reviewer, also promoted the review, which was good. :)

Good luck with your own books.

Back