2015: Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek's Lt Uhura, suffers stroke

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
Nichelle Nichols, best known for her role as Lieutenant Uhura in TV's Star Trek, has suffered a stroke.

"Last night while at her home in LA, Nichelle Nichols suffered from a mild stroke," her agent Zach McGinnis wrote on Facebook.

"She is currently undergoing testing to determine how severe the stroke was. Please keep her in your thoughts."

The 82-year-old was handpicked by Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry to appear in the original 1960s TV series.

Her casting as fourth in command of the USS Enterprise broke many racial barriers, with Nichols becoming the first black woman to share a kiss with a white man (William Shatner) on US television in 1966.

It's strange, but I never imagine that these people age. I have a view of them as they were then and, somehow, that image remains unchanged.

It's strange, but I never imagine that these people age. I have a view of them as they were then and, somehow, that image remains unchanged.

They will probably be remembered that way by Star Trek fans 200 years from now.

Unfortunately the crew are all growing older and several have passed away already. The show has memorialized them in the prime of their lives.

nichells best part as uhura was in charlie x.

Her best line was after Sulu, epee in hand, said "I'll save you, fair maiden."
Wresting herself from his grasp, she exclaimed, "Sorry! Neither!"

I did not catch what that meant until I was an adult.

HEY. Don't update threads like this. You scared the sh*t out of me. I was like UHURA NOOOOOOOO....oh that was in 2015. NOT COOL.

Back