Season Five includes unpublished plot developments from Book Six - SPOILERS!

Boaz

Happy Easter!
I wanted to post this in the TV show thread, but Brian has a zero spoiler policy over there.

I just came across this info... Read it at your own peril!!!

It concerns something we believed would occur... and so it will.

But the article also mentioned that the story will now start using flashbacks. Hmmmm, isn't it a bit late for that?

Dammit! Link is blocked on my work computer (where I do all my SFF Chron work)

What does it say?!?!?

@Arsten A copy-paste for you
We’re still a long way from seeing the return of Game of Thrones, but at this rate we won’t need to see season five if we keep finding out information about the upcoming season. So far we’ve learned a little about Jaime Lannister’s storyline, the use of flashbacks has been confirmed, possibly tying into Tywin Lannister's return.

Newly leaked photos from the set reveal the fate of Daenerys Targeryen and Tyrion Lannister, whom we last saw shipping out to sea, as they are seen together.

According to people who read the books, a.k.a. not us, seeing the two interact hasn’t happened in the books, meaning the show is trimming the fat and getting to the good stuff. Apparently Tyrion’s journey to Meereen was long and included being a slave and then a performer, which we probably won’t see.

As for Dany, the show has skipped ahead to the part where she has wed a prince in order to to better rule Meereen. The pictures see Daenerys celebrating her wedding day with Tyrion by her side, featuring a surprise guest!

I'm not going to look. (I'll be finding these things out when I read reviews of Season Five next year, and that'll be too soon.)

Thanks Sry. Ursa, you are making the right decision. I immediately regretd reading that, and not because I think it spoils much from the books, but because I now know that they are making yet more changes from the books to the show, and getting even further away from the source material. Definately time to stop watching the show.

Maybe ill pick it up again in 10 years, when all the books are out.

Thanks Sry. Ursa, you are making the right decision. I immediately regretd reading that, and not because I think it spoils much from the books, but because I now know that they are making yet more changes from the books to the show, and getting even further away from the source material. Definately time to stop watching the show.

Maybe ill pick it up again in 10 years, when all the books are out.

I mostly laughed. I dropped it last spring so I can hardly care anymore.

IMO it's a given that there will be some major plot differences between the TV series and the books. Otherwise, there's a danger that people watching the series will not want to read the book, "knowing" what happens. Being told there are some major changes would help negate that. 2c.

you have a point there Brian, the changes may help the series (Books) sell more copies, but with the show being so different, they are taking a risk with disappointing and losing some of their fans, namely, those who read the books.

If the "spoilers" are actually deviations from the book, I have less qualms about looking at them. But I still think I'll wait until the show returns next year.