Alternative realites in Fantasy.

anthorn

Now, I don't mean alternative as in our world to a fantasy world, I mean fantasy world to alternative reality/different choices and outcome.
What's your opinion and can you recommend a book with such a scenario?

I've been thinking about it for a while and I'm thinking about including one in my story. It comes about as a thank you from a powerful being to the people who treated her with some humanity before she was murdered. She gives the characters a do over so to speak. She gives them a world free from the manipulations they suffered in this reality. This means that people who became killers thanks to higher beings manipulating them have a chance to become what they would have become without the manipulation.

It depends on how far you want to go into alternative realities because there have been many books that give characters a second shot at things in a number of different ways.

You could go all the way back to the Count of Monte Cristo who escapes from prison and creates a whole new persona.

LP Davies wrote a number on novels where the characters lost their identities and start out anew.

Robert Ludlums series the Borne Identity has someone who deliberately loses their identity and then that cascades into an opportunity for a new life.

But to go all the way into alternate worlds I guess the RiverWorld series of Philip Jose Farmer would be a good example. Where everyone whose anyone had been resurrected on this river. This one even goes to the extent that when things don't work out well for them they have the opportunity to start anew on another part of the river.