What are you working on right now?

My first tentative steps on this site. Judging by the posts I have read from all you guys, I have a lot to learn. I've just put my first book onto Amazon and am busy telling as many people about it as I can. I've got the sequel in the trilogy written and ready for editing but seem to be spending all my time messaging people and asking them to buy it.

You're ahead of some of us.

I'm on chapter 4 of my novel.

*pops head out from the abyss*

Still working on my WIP from ages ago. Was actually a third in when I suddenly got interest in the manuscript and now line-editing chapters 1-5 all over again...

On chapter 9 of the second draft, which is a blistering pace for me over the last few weeks. I continue to add in scenes that have helped the story progress and feel alive, which means i'm coloring outside the lines of my outline. My favorite thing about outlines is that they really don't need to be followed. They are best served to set up your path forward and allow the story to flow in and out as it needs.

I just completed the first 7500 word 'day' of my novel, SNOWFLAKE. It's a comic/tragic mid-life crisis story with a fantasy twist and the action takes place over ten days. I'm adapting it from a feature screenplay into a first person novel and it's been fairly tricky, but now I'm in the zone, it's starting to flow.

I'm chugging along with Americana Peculiar, a sort of strange mix of folklore and modern pop-culture "myth" I've been rolling around for a little over a year now. Starting and stopping, I've ended up with about 40k words as I come along to the middle of the second act, so we'll see how things keep up!

I've started planning the second book in my YA fantasy series (trilogy probably) whilst book one is with beta readers. I'm very excited about this second book. I love the first book but this second one is going to be epic.

I’m 148k words into my epic fantasy WiP. Unfortunately I’m only 40% through the outline... not sure what to do with this word count, but that is a problem, for a later day.

I’m 148k words into my epic fantasy WiP.

I shouldn't look in this thread, it's a little demoralising!

I'm approaching ten thousand words on my YA fantasy-ish WIP. I've also been solidifying some of the world building at the same time, and I really need to draw myself a map to sort the jography out...

I’m 148k words into my epic fantasy WiP. Unfortunately I’m only 40% through the outline... not sure what to do with this word count, but that is a problem, for a later day.

I see no problem here. Push on, good sir!

Finally getting back into serious editing of the novel (Into the Second World) after visits from relatives followed by an extended bout of the flu. All of which followed an utterly unproductive January in which I sort of wallowed in dejection and self-pity. Still trying to scrape that muck off.

Second drafts are the hardest slog. They involve horror (did I really write this crap?), dreary reading of pages I already know but have to read anyway, painstaking editing for consistency in character voice, and irksome writing of scenes I really ought have written in the first draft but didn't because I was so sure that part was obvious. All tied up with a ribbon labeled "Didn't I Learn These Lessons Last Time?"

I just finished a 4th draft of my novel. It's not finished but taking shape. I think it may even be readable now, although I need to work on the dialogue more. Amongst other things.

Been about 2 years since I started, and it could still be 2 more, but it feels like it was all worth it for the moment. I only gave up on it once in that time. :p

Back in the zone (after a long gap for various reasons) with Fire Stealers 3. It's surprised me how much like coming home it feels to immerse myself again in these characters and their world and its themes. I wonder if I'll ever want to leave them.

Yeah, maybe Robert Jordan did have the right idea ...

*ducks*

I've started another short story after promising myself I would focus on the novel, over and over. This has to be the last one! Sometimes, though, you just get an idea that wants to force its way out.
I still haven't finished this story - ha! However, I have in the meantime, polished up 15k of one novel that I'm still writing (and written a full synopsis for it), revised half of a complete WIP, and got near the end of the stupid short story.

Yeah, maybe Robert Jordan did have the right idea ...

I knew it!

I'm trying to complete a short(ish) story also, which is nearly done, and am working on the script for the graphic novel adaptation of Man O'War. I've seen the concept art and it looks very cool and sexy, but getting my brain around writing a screenplay-style format is slow.

Other than that, no big stuff though. It feels weird not to have a major WIP going on in the background right now. I have a feeling I'm going to get an urge to write another novel come summertime.

Well, I'm getting to the end of editing the sequel to Up To The Throne, entitled Blood Under Water. However, about a week ago, I found the third book in a different fantasy series that I was writing on my hard drive. It's finished in rough form, but I completely forgot that I'd written it. So the next thing is to tidy that up and see what my agent thinks of it. At the moment, the plan is really to throw as much mud as possible at the wall of success and hope that some of it sticks.

New to the lot, but this seems like a good place to start. What I am currently working on is a Sci-fi, fanatsy, horror.

Focusing on one character and his interactions with other characters. I focus on world building settings and making a anti-hero that just seems not to care whether he does evil or good.

I do work on at least 5 chapters all at once as long as I can maintain the interconnecting properties of the same stories.

Bits and bobs around Crown of Bloody (out 6 April), and beta-reader changes to Sir Edric and the Corpse Lord, probably out in the second half of this year.

I've written about 6 thousand words, mainly in note form, some of it is constructive and some destructive. This site has been a useful advantage and resource. The 75 and 300 words challenges help keeping my muse interested.

I've got two stories - one short, one novella, nearly done. Work on the Darganau novel now 2/3rds plus complete.

Working on multiple projects at once seems to keep my creative juices flowing, and I can keep writing without getting a block.