What are you working on right now?

Heijan Xavier

nathanjessehoffman.com
Back to my Novella Leave Me inspired by The Big Peat and his music. I had abandoned it for a while, but it wouldn't abandon me. I aim to actually finish it this run and hopefully get some outside thoughts and input on it.
How much revision will you do before you get outside eyes on it?

Heijan Xavier

nathanjessehoffman.com
Working on my first rough draft. It is a novel(la?) called Almost Endless City. I'm about 40K in right now. It will Clock in at about 50-60K. That seems like an awkward number though. Should I trim it to 40k and make it a novella, of puff it up to 80k and call it a novel?

WIP website is nathanjessehoffman.com

Any feedback on excerpts, art, maps, or even overall site design is most welcome.

Heijan Xavier

nathanjessehoffman.com
I edit as I go with a first draft so it's actually pretty tidy (or so I like to believe) I'll probably do another pass once completed then start bribing beta readers.
So how many total revisions until it’s query worthy? Let’s call your rough draft your first revision as well.

Vaz

We're in the pipe, five by five.
I've never queried any of my longer works to be published yet. This will be the first one I finish, everything else is written in unfinished chunks. I would imagine I'd revise more after seeking a developmental editor, though

v

Heijan Xavier

nathanjessehoffman.com
I've never queried any of my longer works to be published yet. This will be the first one I finish, everything else is written in unfinished chunks. I would imagine I'd revise more after seeking a developmental editor, though

v
So the Betas are more to make sure the story works, and the developmental editor is more to make sure the writing works?

An adventure story involving a bunch of heroes summoned to a fantasy world to help save it from invasion.

I'm intending it to be a ever-continuing story. I published the first chapter on a lark (on wattpad) and am now writing a buffer of chapters with the intention of releasing a chapter a week, basically forever.