What did you blog about today?

That's a great spot, but I don't think my story could be realistically described as noir. And that's before trying to squash a 24,000 story into a four-page comic. Great spot though, where did you find it?
Paul Caroll posted it up on the ISSFH discord site (would have posted that link, but I'm not really sure how discord works) -there was an artist there looking for a writer/ story, and I thought of the Gigantomachy ...was a long shot, unless ya did something like:

Posted a narration of 'Level Up', originally written for a compilation by a mental health charity, with a protagonist who went on to feature in a novel. Just got a rejection notice for the novel telling me that YA was a very competitive market, which would have been good advice if it was a YA story -it did me a bit of a favour as it let me know the writing is still way off the mark and audio is the way to go. Am combobulating the novel into a podcast so figure it'd be no harm to give one of the heads (Gerry 'gamer' McLoughlin) a go on the net first.

Uplanded Chapter 1 to Spotify
Something light for the weekend to counter the doom and gloom news cycle; nobody would have believed that in the last years of the twentieth century a vicious extraterrestrial invasion force would draw plans against humanity, or that they would be defeated by six crusties in a Ford Transit. But such is the way of the Universe... The Invasion

Uplanded Ch 2 of 'Hyb to Spotify -no better place than a 90's acid rave to slowly twist reality ...been scratching me head to figure why a new story doesn't work and I think it is because it moved too quick, some people are deadly at hitting you with everything right from the off @Jo Zebedee fires with both barrels on page 1 of her latest book, and it's deadly; but it's not something everyone can do.

Uplanded Ch 2 of 'Hyb to Spotify -no better place than a 90's acid rave to slowly twist reality ...been scratching me head to figure why a new story doesn't work and I think it is because it moved too quick, some people are deadly at hitting you with everything right from the off @Jo Zebedee fires with both barrels on page 1 of her latest book, and it's deadly; but it's not something everyone can do.
Thank you - that’s very kind. It’s also easy to hit too hard, too fast and not leave time for immersion. Funding the balance is tricky I find

Chapter 3 of The Turd Prophecy - Gerry Mc Loughlin is a bollox. Kevin tries to create a launch strip, while the others go looking for spaceship parts.
Lost the artwork for a turd prophecy book cover during house renovation but plan is to do something with the dodgy phone picture I took of it later. Possibly make it into a T shirt design and run daft writing contents to win one on the blog.

I haven't read a single word but once it's all up I plan to have a little dash through it all.

Anyway, two of my latest.

@The Big Peat
Enjoyed both of those thank you.
I've never been that keen on the early Rincewind, or indeed Rincewind but you have shone a light on evolution I haven't previously spotted.
I've read and re-read Rosemary Sutcliffe for a very long time and she can indeed turn the screws on your emotions - she does a feeling of melancholy and poignancy very well too, especially in a way through her descriptions of landscape and nature.
One of my favourites is the adult one Rider on the White Horse - not because it is English Civil War - but because of the studies of the complexities of war and marriage - and no, their marriage wasn't a war, it is just the part of the marriage during the war. A dramatisation of Sir Thomas Fairfax and his wife. And the history is very well done too.

One of my favourites is the adult one Rider on the White Horse
This reminded me that Sutcliffe wrote a book called Sun Horse Moon Horse, about the White Horse of Uffington. Have you read that? (I haven't yet but just ordered it from the library.)

@The Big Peat
Enjoyed both of those thank you.
I've never been that keen on the early Rincewind, or indeed Rincewind but you have shone a light on evolution I haven't previously spotted.
I've read and re-read Rosemary Sutcliffe for a very long time and she can indeed turn the screws on your emotions - she does a feeling of melancholy and poignancy very well too, especially in a way through her descriptions of landscape and nature.
One of my favourites is the adult one Rider on the White Horse - not because it is English Civil War - but because of the studies of the complexities of war and marriage - and no, their marriage wasn't a war, it is just the part of the marriage during the war. A dramatisation of Sir Thomas Fairfax and his wife. And the history is very well done too.

Thank you!

I've never actually come across Rider on the White Horse; I shall pay close attention if I get a chance to.

Also you've reminded me I need to get to my next Pratchett essay.