What did you blog about today?

Ha, sorry, Jo. I left immediately after posting my own link so couldn't reply right away.

I think free short stories are a nice idea, and they tie in with the 1,000 post tradition here. I may release an anthology of my own short stories some day too [got a handful written but with the recent workload no time for them right now].

"Darganau: Autobiography of a Dragon", Part 16 is now up!

1dca9ea45f5006b42d4b9b31fc351cf1.jpg

I love the artwork, @Cathbad. Can I ask if you did this? It's freaking brilliant!:)

Thanks, but I can't draw a straight line with a ruler! :LOL:

I enjoy good art, but I've never been able to do any myself. The picture was on google images, but I was not able to find any credit for it, so I don' know who the artist is.

Indeed you did!

Though I suppose you could go all the way back to the early 2000s and 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'... Interestingly enough the original Swedish title was 'Men Who Hate Women'.

It seems to be accepted that TGWTDT was the first, in which case I was more than a decade behind... ;)

I have recently been told that books with 'The Girl...' in the title sell 20% more, though I can't see how that could be statistically shown. I'm not sure now where I heard, or read that. Anyone got any links to cold, hard facts?

1dca9ea45f5006b42d4b9b31fc351cf1.jpg Apparently, I should have started using this image a lot sooner! Since I've been doing the Darganau series, I've seen my page visits rise from maybe a dozen a week, to about 50. But this week, using this image as advertisement, I've had over 200 hits - and my twitter ad has been retweeted multiple times!!

I should find the artist to thank him/her!

View attachment 31869 Apparently, I should have started using this image a lot sooner! Since I've been doing the Darganau series, I've seen my page visits rise from maybe a dozen a week, to about 50. But this week, using this image as advertisement, I've had over 200 hits - and my twitter ad has been retweeted multiple times!!

I should find the artist to thank him/her!
On a more serious note - you should. If the image us copyrighted the artist could object to its usuage - it's becoming a high profile thing on the internet. I used to take images from all over the place - now I only use image banks (free ones, in my case) where the images are approved for use.

On a more serious note - you should. If the image us copyrighted the artist could object to its usuage - it's becoming a high profile thing on the internet. I used to take images from all over the place - now I only use image banks (free ones, in my case) where the images are approved for use.

I think I'm fine legally, since I'm not making money on it, but I do want to find the artist.

I think I'm fine legally, since I'm not making money on it, but I do want to find the artist.

It's all tied up with the artist and their pay for effort. Basically, an artist went to the time and expense to come up with this. Unless they are happy with the content to be free, to use it we should have to pay. Just as writers object to people downloading their books for free and not receiving payment... So it's not about whether you're making money out of it, but whether the artist should be.....