Fantasy book with runes?

Lostedge

The main character was powerful magic practicioner. The serie contained at least 10 books and they were 300 pages each. If my memory is correct the main character was looking for a spell for immortality(not sure). Unlike other characters he could use rune magic. Rune magic was long forgotten art, and was far superior to other magic.

The serie had all the usual stuff: dragons, undead and flying ships. The protagonist used his flying ship to collect something (information?) and the book made the protagonist look like evil or a villain. In the end he was the good guy.

The book was released at least 15 years ago, and it might been some Dungeons and dragons -book. Ok, the description is pretty vague, but that is all I remember.

The main character was powerful magic practicioner. The serie contained at least 10 books and they were 300 pages each. If my memory is correct the main character was looking for a spell for immortality(not sure). Unlike other characters he could use rune magic. Rune magic was long forgotten art, and was far superior to other magic.

The serie had all the usual stuff: dragons, undead and flying ships. The protagonist used his flying ship to collect something (information?) and the book made the protagonist look like evil or a villain. In the end he was the good guy.

The book was released at least 15 years ago, and it might been some Dungeons and dragons -book. Ok, the description is pretty vague, but that is all I remember.

seems like I found it myself ...
The Death Gate Cycle

Damnit, this is the first of these I would've gotten right.

Oh, and I'm glad you found it. :p