DISCUSSION THREAD -- August 75 Word Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perp -- Congrats, great story!!! It was soooo sad.

T.E. Thanks for the short list and the almost vote. (I did feel rather clever with the X-caliber weapon.):D:eek:

Congratulations Perp Man!!

Looking forward to seeing what you serve up for September. Am preparing squeaky-wheeled-ray-gun-toting draconic protagonist (probably unseelie)!

Phyrebrat - you're welcome! 'Snuck' indeed?! I was playing a little fanfare here, honest!

Kylara - no hidden gems from me, I'm afraid, but I should maybe confess to Hex's avatar having played an inspirational role for me this month. Or should I? BTW, I have a genuine Dragon's Tear; looks very like Tweedsmuir glass, but I have a certificate of authenticity, so must be the real deal!

Grimbear - that's brilliant. You deserve my Augtember vote!

Springs - my cats keep pestering me, should I be nervous?

Now people with hidden gems step forward and reveal yourselves :wink:

Mine referenced sixteen novels, seven television shows, thirty-three movies and an off-Broadway play that had a limited run in June, 1967. A shiny penny to the first person who names them all.

Goes and searches her Heaney collection, arises triumphant... go for it, Perp, no probs. :p

@grimbear

troli siopa daro gan gwn laser cwrdd â rhai estroniaid
Roedd yn waedlyd, yn rhyfel ofnadwy
Tesco cwrdd Sainsburys ac maent yn dweud ei fod yn rhyfel
Ac yr wyf yn dweud bod yn iawn 'n annhymerus' wedi fy tri am un a mynd

lol

This is what it actually says:

Shopping trolley hit with laser gun met with some aliens/strangers
They were bloody, war frightened. Or: It was a bloody, horrible war. (Or: It was a bloody horrible war)
Tesco met Sainsburys and they said it was war
And I said it was ok 'ill' after my three for one and went.

Mine referenced sixteen novels, seven television shows, thirty-three movies and an off-Broadway play that had a limited run in June, 1967. A shiny penny to the first person who names them all.
That'll take some sifting.

* Looks pensive. *

Well I shall reveal that my original story before all the cuts occurred starred in fact two dragons (I know!) one of which the knight killed because he needed to for the princess' hand in marriage and then it was he who fell in love with the grieving dragon. However after cutting it down to 75 I got a totally different (and I think much better after I played with dialogue a bit) story, so anyone who thought there might have been two dragons...umm there were supposed to be two :wink: and anyone who didn't notice anything: there was only one dragon...

It has been suggested (in passive mode) that the time for my charts to be published draweth close.

They are, I fear, getting somewhat out of hand; they probably require printing out, a pair of scissors and a reel of sellotape to be comprehensible, since the site software doesn't accept XL files.

Let's see if this works?

Oh, and congratulations, daddy Perp.

Attachments

• 75 word grid Aug '12.pdf
    30.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 300 word grid .pdf
    19.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 2year+Challenge.doc
    844.5 KB · Views: 128
Well, it's completely incomprehensible to me, if that counts for anything.

I can't make any sense out of the first two, and the third one brings up a blank page.

Your secrets are still safe!

I find them comprehensible, but what is incomprehensible is the work it must take to do that. I am in awe!

Sorry, I don't think it worked this time. It looks like Adobe has rearranged some of the data and the doc file cuts the view off, hiding most of the data.

Like Parson though, I am in awe of the dedication taken to produce such charts.

If I were half way competent with computers I'd link to this, because the pdf's too big to post, the site won't accept .xls files.

Unfortunately I'm not, so if someone else wants a try I'll eMail the base file to him, her or it.

'Nuther attempt (I don't know how it's going to turn out until it's posted; no preview on attachments).

Attachments

• Seventy-Five Word Small.doc
    828 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
....in the style of ancient religious tex....

Excuse me, I was thinking about something else.

Thanks for all the congratulations, it's made this busy 'holiday' of mine really enjoyable.

I managed to see Chris' chart just fine in Word 2010 - I landscaped it and changed the paper size to A3 and could read it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back