Ernest Borgnine 1917 - 2012

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
It was announced yesterday evening that American Actor Ernest Borgnine had passed away at the grand old age of 95, no mean in itself the actor had continued acting until this year, providing voices for Spongebob Squarepants and appearing in the soon to be released The Man Who Shook The Hand of Vincente Fernandez.

With a career that long it not surprising that he appeared in some genre productions, some not so successful - Future Cop (1976) and slightly more successful - Airwolf as Dominic Santini.

On the movie side of things apart from the classics and Oscar winning films, he appeared in Gattaca and a personal strong memory as Harry Booth in Disney's The Black Hole.

Erest Borgnine Obituary

I remember him also from The Black Hole but also The Vikings and Demetrius And The Gladiators.

Like many actors, he was involved in some tripe but did some good movies as well.

A good, solid actor and usually a good pick for a bad guy.

Agree that hid did some great movies, but he also did the TV Series McHale's Navy with Tim Conway which I loved as a kid, although Conway's bumbling would make me hide behind the couch!