Trying To Remember Name Of Old TV Series

RevLogoth

Ok here I go. the show is this, The world developed a anti aging drug but some who to the drug devolved and so the survivors all have colored crystals in there chest and can only mate with those of same color. One character I remember is a doctor and her husband did not take the drug and it courses problems. The Live in a city and the ones that the drug messed up live outside the city. Anyway I can remember the shows name and its driving me nuts. Thanks if you can help:confused:

Ice fyre

Dark Lord
Black will do till they invent a darker colour. U
So this is the place to find out whether an old program existed or whether your brain just made it up, huh? OK, then...

This one goes back to when I was maybe 5 or 6 I think, so the early 80s. It was a children's program where some humans would go to alien worlds and have to solve crime mysteries.

What gave the show real definition was that the alien worlds and aliens were paintings (given it was 80s and BBC there was little animation to 'em), often quite impressive in a Nemesis the Warlock kind of way.

Any ideas? I'd love to see it again if only to see how much my memory has mangled it.
Ok here I go. the show is this, The world developed a anti aging drug but some who to the drug devolved and so the survivors all have colored crystals in there chest. Thanks if you can help:confused:

OK first J-wo Captain Zep, I remmber this one too, found it on Wiki easily looked up.

RevLogoth culd you be thinking of "Logans Run" TV series, made after the film of course? The Crystal were in their palms as I remmber in the film havent seen much of the TV series tho. :D

RevLogoth

OK first J-wo Captain Zep, I remmber this one too, found it on Wiki easily looked up.

RevLogoth culd you be thinking of "Logans Run" TV series, made after the film of course? The Crystal were in their palms as I remmber in the film havent seen much of the TV series tho. :D

No that was the first one I looked at. I found it. Turns out it was a movie not a show. Island City. thank you for your help though.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
No that was the first one I looked at. I found it. Turns out it was a movie not a show. Island City. thank you for your help though.

Id liked to have seen Island city become a tv series. I rather liked the concept.:)

Mass Deduction

I've been trying to remember the name of a show that was from (I believe) the '80s. It had a family that gets sucked into an alternate universe (or similar) and is following a trail of monoliths to an unknown destination, hopefully to get back home to the Earth they know. I've been trying to remember the name of this show for over a decade! I believe this was an American series. Or was it a TV movie or a TV mini-series? I'm not 100% sure, honestly.

There was also an obscure Canadian TV series, filmed in the Royal BC Museum in Victoria BC, that had an older woman helping children travel through time via a computer (using different exhibits in the museum for the different places and periods they travelled through time to). This was in the '80s as well, back when computers were mysterious to a lot of the public.

Thank you in advance to all responses to both!

Lucien21

I've been trying to remember the name of a show that was from (I believe) the '80s. It had a family that gets sucked into an alternate universe (or similar) and is following a trail of monoliths to an unknown destination, hopefully to get back home to the Earth they know. I've been trying to remember the name of this show for over a decade! I believe this was an American series. Or was it a TV movie or a TV mini-series? I'm not 100% sure, honestly.
I think this one is a short 8 episode series called Otherworld. Otherworld (TV series) - Wikipedia

dannymcg

The mackerel of the cornflake
Hello :) I'm trying to get a series name from not too long ago - 15 years maybe? (Could be longer)
American newspaper comedy/drama and every week they investigated alien landings or goat headed triplets being born etc etc. Their newspaper always ended up with the screaming headline tabloids at supermarket checkouts.
I think there was an alien or maybe a mutant amongst the office staff.
Anyone?

Lucien21

I believe that was "The Chronicle" a short lived SciFi channel show that had one season in 2001.

Last edited:

dannymcg

I believe that was "The Chronicle" a short lived SciFi channel show that had one season in 2001.
That was it!!! Cheers for that.
It popped into my head with all the fuss lately about fake news online etc.
As I recall the Chronicle team were desperately trying to get the truth "out there" to the general public but nobody would take their newspaper seriously.
I was prob one of the few who enjoyed it :)
The Chronicle (TV series) - Wikipedia

dannymcg

Here is an obscure oddity. A UK comedy series that only I seem to remember from early this century.
Any search will lead you to blurbs about Lee Mack and UK remake of Everybody Loves Raymond, this is NOT repeat NOT what I am trying to find.

The series was a short loved UK family sitcom called "The Smiths" and one thing I remember was man and wife spent a lot of time sat in their car outside the house to avoid confrontation with the teens.

Theme tune was TenPole Tudor 'swords of a thousand men' and this played over opening scenes of them all driving along
in the car with heads banging to that tune. Cannot find this series anywhere.

(Nobody recalls this but me, I need to find the gateway back to my own universe)

Last edited:

dannymcg

That could have been it then, most likely was. I thought it was more recent and also thought I saw more than one episode.
Probably saw the same pilot show twice.
Looking at images of Rebecca Lacey and she fits my memory.
Thanks for this - you are clearly better at searching than me :)

HanaBi

Nexus 9.1 For Sale. One Careful Owner
Supporter
Here's another bygone TV request, that has been gnawing at me for years!

Back in the early 70s as part of my usual late afternoon indulgence of children's programs on BBC1 and ITV (Blue Peter, Magpie, Runaround, Double Deckers, The Tomorrow People et al), there was also a tv show on BBC2, and broadcast at around 5:30pm.

This show consisted of very short docu-features - on one occasion it was about a man building an old jalopy in his driveway, with a young girl watching him over the intervening days, until such time the car was complete and they both went out for a drive.

Then there was a feature about powerboat racing (memorable chiefly because of one of the backing songs it used - Bachman Turner Overdrive and "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"

Another feature was set in the Australian Outback, and involved the transportation of sheep in huge trucks!

I haven't been able to track any of these down from the usual sources. And now I am wondering if I was just imagining it all!?

Danny Creasy

I'm an Alabama native that is the son of an English war bride and a U.S. Army G.I.. After retiring from the military, Dad became a handyman. When my Aunt Margaret from Hampshire would visit, she would often say of my dad, "Jim'll Fix It!" I think she said this was a British TV show. What was it about?

Danny Creasy

Whoa! Bad ending for that story. Not public until after his death, but it sounds like he was a rough character. A little Bill Cosbyish.

Narkalui

Nerf Herder
No, Bill Cosby was a little bit Jimmy Savillish.

Over here Saville is mentioned in the same breathe as Adolf Hitler, that’s the shade of evil we perceive him under.

Extollager

Can anyone help me identify this? It would've been shown in the US no later than 1981 or so, and I suppose would've firstbeen shown in Britain inthe late 1970s.

I retain an impression of having been fascinated also by this miniseries (two or three installments, I suppose) about Irish terrorists kidnapping a British politician’s or businessman’s daughter, I think. I think they perhaps send one of her fingers to prove that they have her. They probably demand ransom. At last their hiding place is tracked down and I recall one of the terrorists being shot dead while trying to get away. Possibly an element of the series was that the kidnapped young woman comes to identify with the terrorists, which would have recalled the Patty Hearst kidnapping. This is pretty vague, I know.