(Found) Trying To Remember US TV Show

Extollager

Can anyone help me identify this? It would've been shown in the US no later than 1981 or so, and I suppose would've firstbeen shown in Britain inthe late 1970s.

I retain an impression of having been fascinated also by this miniseries (two or three installments, I suppose) about Irish terrorists kidnapping a British politician’s or businessman’s daughter, I think. I think they perhaps send one of her fingers to prove that they have her. They probably demand ransom. At last their hiding place is tracked down and I recall one of the terrorists being shot dead while trying to get away. Possibly an element of the series was that the kidnapped young woman comes to identify with the terrorists, which would have recalled the Patty Hearst kidnapping. This is pretty vague, I know.

Can anyone help me identify this? It would've been shown in the US no later than 1981 or so, and I suppose would've firstbeen shown in Britain inthe late 1970s.

I retain an impression of having been fascinated also by this miniseries (two or three installments, I suppose) about Irish terrorists kidnapping a British politician’s or businessman’s daughter, I think. I think they perhaps send one of her fingers to prove that they have her. They probably demand ransom. At last their hiding place is tracked down and I recall one of the terrorists being shot dead while trying to get away. Possibly an element of the series was that the kidnapped young woman comes to identify with the terrorists, which would have recalled the Patty Hearst kidnapping. This is pretty vague, I know.

There was a 6 hour mini series in the mid 80's called "The Price" that had an IRA assassin kidnap the wife of a business man

Lucien21, that's it. You have identified something that's been bugging me for years. Thank you!

Back