(Found) Trying to remember a book I read 40 yrs ago about a psychic healer

BudK

It was about a galactic empire some hitech worlds some low. Guy was on low tech world running from soldiers and ducked into a cave in which locals claimed that of every 1000 who entered 999 would die. A pod fell on his head and when he woke up he had a second consciousness inside that he referred to as Partner. He basically became immortal and travelled the galaxy with some kind of healing ability. I remember he wore a bloodstone pendant and descendants of people he helped called themselves "Children of the healer". I remember at 1 point his hand got cut off and "Partner" was able to regenerate it but got the pigmentation wrong so it grew back silver.

Last edited:
This is The Healer by F Paul Wilson - a synopsis from an online review is given below:-

Note: This query sounds familiar, I'm fairly sure it's already been answered at some time in 'Book Search'

This is The Healer by F Paul Wilson - a synopsis from an online review is given below:-

Note: This query sounds familiar, I'm fairly sure it's already been answered at some time in 'Book Search'
Thank you very much it's been bugging me for weeks!

This one keeps coming up. I've answered it at least twice before, but this time Danny beat me to it ....