If you're still at Book One, don't visit wikipedia.

Yog-Sothoth

I made the mistake of checking out on wikipedia the different houses for more pre-Games of Thrones history, especially Rhagaer Targaryan stuff, since he's one of my favorite dead characters, but I found myself going through all the houses, and couldn't stop reading.

Safe to say most of the juicy surprises from A Clash of Kings to Dance of Dragons have been ruined for me. :(

Won't stop me from continue reading on though.....I'm hooked! :D

Oh no! What a shame. :(

I remember when I first read the books, I was absolutely desperate to go online and look up what people were saying. I guessed there would be a few sites dedicated to the books, as I was familiar with the Wheel of Time sites. But I didn't let myself go near The Google until I'd finished AFfC (that was the latest book at that time), and I'm so glad that I didn't. But man it was a struggle not to take a quick peek, cos I use the internet for everything and it was like an addiction calling to me!

On the plus side, normally we'd tell people it would be best to stay off this forum until they've finished to avoid spoilers, but it probably won't make much difference for you now, so do check out our very best crackpot theories! :D

I made the mistake of checking out on wikipedia the different houses for more pre-Games of Thrones history, especially Rhagaer Targaryan stuff, since he's one of my favorite dead characters, but I found myself going through all the houses, and couldn't stop reading.

Safe to say most of the juicy surprises from A Clash of Kings to Dance of Dragons have been ruined for me. :(

Won't stop me from continue reading on though.....I'm hooked! :D
Obviously a huge mistake :( Hopefully others will learn from you. The Tower of the Hand is a great source for spoiler free info, as you can set book that you last finishedand it won't give info past that book.

I almost made the mistake of reading the wiki summary, I wanted to catch up on where I left off and realised it is not setup like the book but categorized as per character and not following the chronological order of the book.

By the way I have 14% left of AGOT so I am hoping to finish it this weekend, it is very exciting at the moment and I will drop my 2 cents on what I thought of the book soon :D

If you haven't finished the books....stay away from the internet.

Sorry to hear though :(

That really does suck.

Even if people ask me for spoilers I won't give them.

The telling is too brilliant to have it ruined.

Some positive news, I purchased A Clash of Kings today, and got A Storm of Swords for half the price. :D

I don't mind spoilers. Its not the major events that hook me onto a book. Its the dteails that the wiki won't cover. The only thing that really happens to me is that it coukd make waiting for the book unbearable.

Holy cow, I read Storm of Swords part 1 in one go, cancelled on going out with my friends and girlfriend in the process lol, now I'm tempted to grab part 2:Blood and Gold, but I fear I will continue reading into the night.........

Holy cow, I read Storm of Swords part 1 in one go, cancelled on going out with my friends and girlfriend in the process lol, now I'm tempted to grab part 2:Blood and Gold, but I fear I will continue reading into the night.........
You won't be sorry

I can see why people consider the 3rd book the best in the series, the suspense is even worse when you know what is about to happen. Since their march from Riverrun my heart kept skipping a beat.

Yes, while it's true that you receive a great shock if you haven't been forewarned, it's still worthwhile reading it even if you do know what's coming. (Which is just as well, as these books need rereads to get the most out of them. :))

Back