Extinct Prehistoric Lifeforms That You Wish Were Still Around And Those You're Glad Are Gone

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
When you look at all the various lifeforms that have come and gone throughout Earth Long History. It makes you think that perhaps our Epoch is pretty a pretty boring time by comparison. Wouldn't it be really cool if some of the great animals of antiquity were still on Earth earth today? Of course some of them might be less desirable to have running , swimming or crawling about.

Which animals would like to see alive and about in the present day and which ones are you glad are no longer here.:)

The other day, while walking my dogs, I imagined a T-Rex bursting from the pine forest that runs along the beach, and at us. On reflection, I'm kind of glad one didn't. :)

The other day, while walking my dogs, I imagined a T-Rex bursting from the pine forest that runs along the beach, and at us. On reflection, I'm kind of glad one didn't. :)

But that's the Dino that everyone wants.:whistle:

Dunkleosteus lived about 380 million years ago , massive armored fish , apex ocean predator with powerful jaws, in place of teeth it had a sharp jaw plates , reached 30 feet in length. Probably would have been match for the Megalodon Shark . It's not something you to have in todays oceans.

Last edited:
Dire Wolves they died out only few thousand years ago.

The Bitting Sperm Whale grew to be about 40 feet, they had teeth in both upper and lower jaws and they were long teeth , each tooth measured about a foot ( It had a really nice toothy smile:D) . It existed around the same time frame as Megladon.

Had they been around during the Whaling era of the 19th century, probably fewer of those wooden whaling ships would have made it back to port.

Last edited:
If they were around Dimetrodons would make great pets. :D

Expensive to keep
1.7 to 4.6 metres long and weighed between 28 and 250 kilograms
Still, probably eat that annoying Pit Bull. :)

But it's guaranteed to keep away all those annoying door to door salesmen. :D

It would be fun to have Wooly Mammoths and Mastodons around . Both looked like elephants only with fur. Their populations got decimated primary by an Ice age. If not for over hunting by man the remnant population that survived that ice age might have bounced back. They might still be with us now. There is talk of bringing back the Mammoth, If possible Id love to see that happen.:)

Id love to see to see a documentary Swimming with Mosasaur. It's really ashamed that this majestic apex sea predator is no longer around .:D

Ammonites shelled mollusks related to the squids and the the shelled Nautilus. They died off with the Dinos and yet their closest relative the nautilus which was similar survived . Some of them got quite large about the size of a large truck tire.

The Giant Moa , the second largest flightless bird ever to live. Lived in New Zealand, driven into extinction by man. It would be cool to have have them around.

And why could Ichthyosaurs have survived. Giant dolphin shaped Marine reptiles the size of Buses would have made our oceans a much more fun and exciting place to live.:D

The entire Ichthyosaur line died out 90 million years ago. Well before the Cretaceous extinction even't which finished off the the rest of the Dinosaurs.

And why not velociraptors? They'd be so much better guard dogs. :D:p