1.04 Falling Skies - Grace

ctg

weaver of the unseen
My faith to this series is returning.

Tom and his team head out to track down more motorcycles for the 2nd Mass., relying on Pope to guide them to a good location. They hit the jackpot until they meet some skitters and harnessed teenagers at the bike shop. Back at the base, Dr. Harris and Anne disagree over the best method to gather more intelligence on the aliens.

Even thought some of the bits were predictable the characterisation is getting much better. The characters aren't just old stereotypes, but actually they are starting to show some grit. And maybe it is that grit that makes me tuning in to get more when some of the other cheesy "SyFy" series has turned me off.

I'm interested hearing your thoughts, especially on those things that were hanging upside-down from the ceiling.

My thoughts:

The Pope rules (and he can cook too)
I think there are too many characters and really thought one of them was going to die before they got back.
I wonder if it was suggested to Noah Wylie to put a little bit of grey in his beard. I like him, but sometimes when I see him standing next to his oldest I think they look very close in age.
I am wondering if the Captain is the way he is because he had to kill his family when the aliens took over and that is why he doesn't care for the civilians and much else.
Wondering if the theory on the two legged armor while the skitters have more than two is because the skitters are the slaves of the two legged aliens?
Glad that it was picked up for another season, makes me breathe a little easier and enjoy the rest of this season.
Really good summer show!